Me and my boyfriend stayed in the HoR for one week and were very satisfied with our overall experience.
The big pros:
- really spacious and stylish rooms with great view (yes, you can see a big parking lot and industrial buildings but you are in Lower East Side in NYC and not in a national park with natural surroundings)
- really nice bathroom ( the walk-in-shower with city view and the spacious tub were highly appreciated- especially in winter I very much recommend the hot tub)
- nice details in the room such as candles in the bathroom for a candle light bath and funny things from an adult store on Rivington Street and a variety of drinks in the mini bar
- very kind and helpful staff that met our expectations even in difficult situations (we asked for a room change from our booked King Corner Room to a room with a tub and they did their best to meet our request. They sent someone to help us with our luggage that we didn't have to pack and unpack everything again; three days later I recognised that I left my jewellery in the former room which was now given to other guests and asked at reception if the new guests or housekeeping found it. The next day I got everything back with a kind note from housekeeping)
- THE LOCATION: you can go out at night for dinner, drinks or clubbing by foot and have lots of great places to choose from, chinatown is in walking distance and Williamsburg is only a one metro station distance. We even walked to SoHo, West Village and Rockefeller Center. A very nice walk is to downtown crossing the Brooklyn Bridge and walking along the river back to the hotel crossing Williamsburg Bridge what will take about 1,5 hours (not too sure because we stopped very often for pictures or coffee breaks)
Only con we encountered:
- it took them ages before we could check- in our room
Last note: forget the popular Katz' Deli (which is just around the corner): too crowded and expensive for what you get. Try MightyQuinns Barbeque in East Village (10 mins walking distance): best briskets and side dishes (spectacular mashed sweet potatoes) and tab beer
Thanks HoR for a great week in NYC- we will come back for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historic district of the Lower East Side, Hotel on Rivington offers 108 guest rooms and suites. Constructed of floor-to-ceiling glass, most rooms feature 180 degree city views overlooking Midtown Manhattan, the World Trade Center, Brooklyn, Queens and the Williamsburg and Manhattan Bridges. Centrally located in downtown NYC, Hotel on Rivington is walking distance to landmark neighborhoods such as SoHo, Tribeca, Little Italy, Chinatown, the Bowery and the East Village. All guest rooms feature Tempur-Pedic beds, Frette linens, feather duvets and Italian bath amenities by Davines. Guests can select a variety of room features and amenities such as balconies, steam showers and/or Japanese inspired deep-soaking tubs. IPod/iHome stereos, HD televisions, electronic programmable safes and complimentary WiFi are all standard features in the guest rooms. Additionally, Hotel on Rivington is home to Juice Press! Juice Press serves organic and cold-pressed juices and raw foods catering to Vegetarian and Vegan guests located on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel on Rivington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- On Rivington Hotel
- Hotel Rivington
- Rivington Hotel