“Great place to eat - atmosphere and food amazing”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Ranked #983 of 15,860 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Since 1996, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. has been entertaining guests with a charming down-home style that's a hit with eaters around the globe. Our menu offers a number of items for the shrimp lover in all of us. Boasting creative seafood dishes inspired straight from the movie Forrest Gump and a fun family atmosphere, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. will have you running to the nearest location you can find!
Reviewed 27 June 2018

The place for Kiwi's to visit. Visited here late May. Loved the warm welcoming friendly service from the start. Great ideas used during the table service and meals which makes it a wonderful feeling being there. Its the unique feeling of being there that is the experience. 3 lovely ladies made to feel special and absolutely loved the restaurant and the memorabilia around the place.
Cocktails were delicious.
Sorry that a lot of food had garlic in it and I am allergic to garlic so had to stay safe with only fish. A bit boring.
Its a bit pricey if you are on a budget. We weren't and had a ball. Cant' wait to go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,894)

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We went there because of the name and the reviews were good. I was on a motorized scooter and they accommodated it well. As the name implies, the menu focused around various kinds of shrimp and they were good. The decor was attractive and lived up to the name. They are on a corner and the view out the window was excellent. The food is on the pricey side and the servings somewhat small, but enough to leave you satisfied, but not overly full or stuffed. We're glad we stopped. One interesting thing: they have hush puppies on the combination platter, but the resturant will NOT allow you to order a side of hush-puppies if you're meal doesn't come with them.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Visited here on a Tuesday around 6.30pm. Walked in, and while initially told by guy downstairs I would have to wait @ the bar, when I went upstairs, no problem, about 75% full so wait straight to a table. Guy downstairs did not really seem that interested...
Although we did not have one, seats beside windows looked great, so suggest wait for/ask for them if you can.
No starters, ordered 3 mains, 1 kids menu. Just 2 drinks - non alcoholic lemonade type in tall glass (plastic, take away), and a beer. Mains included ribs, fish burger and chicken/pear/salad. Don't think kids included chips, or if they did, very few. All food was nice, and as we had been to this chain before, standard. To be honest staff on west coast BGS's seem to make a bigger effort with customers. But nicer then TGI Friday's.
Very much a tourist spot. Was great to see sunset over Times Square as we were leaving.
Total was $90, plus tip.
When we were leaving around 8.15pm, about 20 waiting to be seated.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Note 10. beautiful place. nice. friendly attendants. I went there three times on my last trip. already knew of another date (2014). and for sure whenever I go to NYC I'll be there.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Friendly wait staff and great view of Times Square from tables along the windows - that was the best part. I have always loved Bubba Gump, but their food has declined over the years. My shrimp & fish dish was NOT like the picture. The fish portions were much smaller than advertised in pic. Bring back the good hush puppies!! I didn't like the new ones taste like hominy or ? We did enjoy our table view of Times Square right along the windows and gave us a chance to talk about our fav Times Square things to do.