“A big surprise”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We had walked past the restaurant many times, but it doesn't look like anything special. However, we were very happy once upstairs and the food arrived. It was great food, the atmosphere is good and tasteful decor.

1  Thank Fuzzyhunden

Reviewed 22 April 2014

This restaurant was near our hotel so we stopped in. The food was so good, some of the best Chinese I have ever eaten. The prices are definitely up there but not outrageous. I can't wait to visit NYC so I can eat here again.

1  Thank Christie L
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We dropped in here for lunch and was pleasently surprised. The food was good, the staff friendly and the prices reasonable. We started with the Pu Pu platter that was described as being a selection of 'tidbits for 2', thinking that this was a small sharing starter. What we actually got included a selection of flavoured steak stripes, deep fried chicken wings, spring rolls, spare ribs and deep fried shrimp, all served with a mini bbq; very nice. I then had the Gung Bo chicken with pork fried rice and a spring roll as part of a value meal, you got loads and to be honest, this would have been enough without the platter for 2. My wife had the Singapore May Fun, which was curry flavoured noodles with various meats, also very nice. I guess there is no surprise in me saying that we let here stuffed to the eye balls. Would definitley recommend this place, and not too pricey either considering it's location.

1  Thank big_phil2010
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Didn't have a good Chinese food for a long time, and I went completely crazy with this place. My husband is working in the area and knows the place for so many years, told me to try and I wouldn't regret! Yep! He was right! Delicious food, so clean! And very friendly staff!!!

1  Thank GiLuca
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My sister and I were at the 9/11 memorial, we were starving and freezing cold (the temp there was maybe 25 that day, went right through four layers of clothing including thermal underwear, and the snow made my boots wet...).
Warning - there are no bathrooms in the area! We went to see the Charging Bull of Wall Street and have our picture taken, and we walked by a hole in the wall, small, narrow door to a Chinese food place.
We went in, and I asked if we could eat in (instead of takeaway) but we hadn't made reservations... which we deeply regretted!
We ordered three types of dumplings (Shrimp, meat and veggies) and inhaled them on our way to the car.. they were fantastic! We also got hot and sour soup that was meh.. but the dumplings, oh, the dumplings...I want to come back so bad (and this time I will make reservations! :)
The lady at the take out window was very nice, and checked on our food all the time to try to get the kitchen to hurry up.

1  Thank loves2travel2011