“When mgr not there mid pm, service suffers, especially for women alone. Groups of two OK. Men alone OK. I was there today. Never”
Review of Beach Cafe

Beach Cafe
Ranked #3,870 of 14,036 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper East Side
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Service really suffers for women dining alone. Had late lunch today. Service terrible. Not so when my husband is with me. Staff needs to be taken to woodshed when the mgr comes in later. VERY different vibe then.

2  Thank Dee70_13

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Sitting outside in the sun. Meals were ok. Coffee needs some work. Good service and price and puppies allowed

1  Thank Mal1960
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The ambiance is great; the food is dependably good, and the service is always first rate. Very friendly!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The Beach Cafe is a neighborhood restaurant that has one of the best atmospheres and menus for lunch around. It's reasonably priced and friendly. If you are going to the Upper East Side, it's well worth it. They serve a wonderful dinner too, but the lunch is great value!

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Have been to the Beach many times and have enjoyed it. I have written a previous review that expressed my pleasure. However it has been some time since I've been here and I am sad to say things have not been good. Service was awful. We didn't see a waiter for a good 30 minutes after the appetizer arrived (of which I had problems). They ran out of Jack Daniels. And the food quality just wasn't good. I am very disappointed.

1  Thank georgeinputnam