“Great meal”

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 14 July 2014

So many restaurants on 9th and we didn't have a clue! Lucked out with this place. Three of us split lobster mac & cheese, salad with apples and spring rolls. Everything was delicious. Well priced for the city. Will definitely head back on our next trip to NYC.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

With the vast number of restaurants on 9th in Hells Kitchen, it is easy to overlook Chelsea Grill - and I have forgotten about it myself at times - which is unfortunate. This is a great restaurant, with really good food offerings that pours a great drink - at a reasonable price. On our most recent visit we had their Saturday brunch offerings - mine the corned beef (made in-house) hash and eggs, and Scott had the eggs benedict. Both were very tasty, obviously made with fresh ingredients. Paired with mimosas for me and Ketel tonics for Scott, we were set for a day of exploring. Bar service was very attentive and friendly. Don't overlook Chelsea Grill!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

After a really long day of walking and sightseeing, my partner and I found Chelsea grill and decided to have dinner here.
We walked up to the restaurant and saw a lady sitting near the door. Due to most places in New York, we had to sit ourselves, so we politely asked the lady "do we sit ourselves?". Within an instant, she snapped back "No, you don't just sit yourselves" and turned away. With this we decided to take a step back and wait for someone to come get us.
A couple of minutes later, looking like fools. The same lady, who was just sat watching us, rudely asked if we were coming in or not. In surprise, we replied that we didn't know she sat us and that we asked if we sat...she cut in sharply stating "the only thing I heard was do you sit yourselves, but I sit you" then she walks off into the restaurant muttering that we only said "do we sit ourselves"

Now I am a hostess in a restaurant, and if I acted as rudely as that lady, I would have been sacked asap!
the only reason we stayed was because we were starving and needed a rest, I am glad we did as a young gentleman served us, and he was fantastic! The food was delicious and big portions.
If you can get past the rude 'host' at the front, then this is an amazing restaurant. If not, don't bother going, there are plenty restaurants around that will be happy to take you in!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great food, great atmosphere. Excellent service. My hamburger- the American- was one of the best I have had in a long time. Make time for this place, it will be well worth it.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I'm a New York City tour guide always on the lookout for a good place for lunch near Times Square. Chelsea Grill is situated on the west side of 9th Avenue between W 46th St and W 47th St. The restaurant is open to the busy sidewalk. A long bar leads into a deep space sporting upholstered bench seating and exposed brick. I had the pan seared salmon on a bed of dark green leafy spinach and the house salad. My friend tried the gnocchi with pesto. The salmon was perfectly cooked and spiced. Some would say too salty but I liked it. The gnocchi was served in a soupy sauce and was just the proper texture. Both lunches were the $10.95 special of the day which is served until 4:00 PM. Chelsea Grill is just two blocks from Times Square where a slice of pizza can set you back $6.00. So take a five minute walk west from the TKTS Booth and get a real meal.