“Hang out with UN employees?”

Keat's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #4,313 of 13,684 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Tromso, Norway
“Hang out with UN employees?”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Entered for lunch on a weekday after seeing the UN building. The mix of representatives from all nations dressed in smart casual is visible at Keats as well..could it be a UN place? The athmosphere is friendly and relaxed.

Since we had a big breakfast, my friend and I order soups. She orders the onion soup, me - the Mexican chili and bean soup. My soup had a lot of minced meat, red kindney beans, chili topped with cheese. The combination of minced meat and cheese makes it a bit fatty, I would not call it soup since it has more the texture of a lasagna or moussaka. But since I have never tasted this Mexican dish before, it is hard for me to tell. Also, it is tasty and I think I would have given this a four if it wasn't for that my friend's onion soup was by far to thin - it runs like water..

My friend is disappointed and as we leave she tells the waitress that the soup was too thin. The waitress stares back at her - "I don't think that's a universal opinion." My friend ask her politely just to pass the comment to the chef so he/she will receive her opinion. Which ends the conversation as the waitress promise to do so.

We paid $14,2 for the two dishes including tax. It's not expensive. A nice atmoshere, a ok lunch and a somewhat disappointing service.

• Visited May 2014

San Francisco, California
“Great food and Karaoke 2”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We gone here the past few years while visiting New York before we head upstate. The staff is really friendly and they all love to have a good time. The KJ welcomed us back, the food was STELLAR. This time we had the Tilipa sandwich and the special mushroom burger. The sandwich was huge, the french bread crunchy. Orders came with cole slaw, pickle, and choice of french fries or homemade potato chips. The chips were awesome; what a great treat. The 2nd night we split a shrimp salad, also quite yummy. For us the real fun is after 9:30 when the karaoke starts. we have been here 5 times now and even when it is a small crowd there tends to be a group really into it; which is always a blast. we have always felt that we were part of the family, everyone rooting for each other and having fun, no matter what the talent level is, and here it is high. KJ's Ryan and Sean keep things moving and they treat everyone like family, we have felt extremely welcomed since we walked in the door a few years ago. We will stop there on our way back for 1 more night in the city before heading home. Can't wait for the fun. Only night they do not do karaoke is Monday.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank SFLollyPopCouple
“Friendly and Good Value”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Very friendly and efficient staff. Food is the normal bar menu you would expect, yet very good quality at competitive prices.

Can get busy between 1700 - 2000 when UN crowd all leave work. Great atmosphere but crowded.

Only let down is toilets are microscopically small, so pace your drinking! LOL

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank diplow
Moscow, Russia
“Good busy place”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

NIce place to grab some beers with friends and may be to have late dinner. No tourists many locals who spend there after work evenings.

Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“Simple down to earth fun!”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My friends and I have been coming to this bar quite often the last few weeks. The bartenders are always so cool, friendly and engaging. Every time we walk in I get greeted by my name and served my usual drink before I can even sit down. Ive become friends with a lot of the bars "regulars" as well. Everyone seems to really like Keats for the same reasons, cool staff, free karaoke late night that is not overwhelmingly loud and obnoxious, kitchen is open late, (obviously we're not talking gourmet food here but a notch above your typical bar food. ) Recently we were there for a Colts football game and the girls were giving out free shots every time the team scored.. and they scored ALOT!! I would say since moving to the city a few years ago, this is the first bar since my hometown local place that I can call home. Good Job guys!! #Customerforlife

• Visited November 2013