“Good food, but odd reservation system.”
Review of Dervish - CLOSED

Dervish
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Avenues
Transit: N & R trains to 49th Street, and B, D, F & Q trains to 47th/50th Street.
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Despite the fact that we had a reservation, there seemed to be a lot of problems finding us a table. Initially, we couldn't even figure out who to tell we were there for a table. The restaurant was quite crowded and they seemed to seat us in the upstairs overflow room (very noisy with noise traveling from downstairs) with other people who had just been walk ins. After a few minutes, they said a table opened up downstairs and did we want to move (which we did). Given that we had a reservation (and reserved weeks in advance), I expected to have a table in the main dining room waiting for us.

The food itself was tasty especially the "Dervish Modern Mezze Platter" appetizer though we could have used more bread or some pita with it. The meals were good, but not really that different from something you can find in other parts of the country. I was hoping for something more unique, but I've had equally good (if not better) mediterranean lamb here in FL. Still it (the Grilled Lamb Adana) was good. I can recommend this restaurant if you are really in the mood for some mediterranean food, but if you are looking for something truly unique, you might want to go elsewhere.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We visited dervish on our first night. Excellent place. Great service. The lamb dishes are excellent and the martinis are decent and affordable. I would definitely visit dervish again on a return visit to New York.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The food, service and prices were all very good. A bit of a problem when we arrived for our 6:15 reservations and a table was not available for us. Looking around it appeared that their estimated 10 minutes might be a lot longer wait and we had tickets for the theatre. Their alternative was a table for about 8 (there were just 4 of us) from which they removed the cloths and top circle to reveal a much smaller and appropriate table which was then set for us. Food was delicious! and plentiful. Prices were very reasonable. I definitely would return but would make reservations for 15 minutes earlier.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Have been dining at Devish since January 2006. It's my go-to Turkish restaurant in NYC. Reasonable prices, attentive staff, delicious fresh food, and good-sized portions. Also have fixed price lunch and dinner specials. My husband and I usually split an appetizer, a salad and an entree and it's just the right amount for us. This visit we had the Mihrap Borek, the Cappadocia Salad, and Iskender. All were delicious and met our expectations. Restaurant reminds me of one of my old favorites (since burned down) so it's nice to soak up their vibe.

They also participate in diningdough.com/restaurants.com so you can save some money by bring in one of their coupin vouchers. The staff were not dismissive of our coupon and simply requested it when we ordered. Top-notch service and an enjoyable meal.

Already looking forward to our next meal at Dervish!

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Located in Time Square, this place had live music and amazing food. Was surprised at the quantity. Quite generous portions and tasty too.

1  Thank Seegeedee