“Pleasant, Tasty and Good Price”
Review of Dervish - CLOSED

Dervish
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Avenues
Transit: N & R trains to 49th Street, and B, D, F & Q trains to 47th/50th Street.
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was recently in New York and I wanted to take my kids to times square (age 6 and 8). I needed a restaurant closeby. Dervish was really good food. The flavor was excellent, the wine was buy one, get one, which is always a great thing. The boys loved the flavors and the prices were very reasonable. I thought I got great value for my money! I told the waiter I wanted to share all of the dishes around the table, and he helped me with that, even though this is not a family style restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Dervish

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Good value and good service for a 3:30 PM lunch at w47th near 7th. Several wraps and a burger for $12.95. I had the ground lamb tenderloin wrap with fries. Very tasty. My wife had the appetizer platter with 7 different little dishes of hummus and tzadziki sauces and items to have with a very good fresh bread. It was less than $15.00. Overall, very good with good service and we did not even take advantage of the 2 for 1 martini special.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

The mid town restaurant is well located in the theater district. When I arrived there were NO customers in the front of the place. I thought about leaving when I saw everyone was sitting in the rear. I don't know why. The music playing was current popular loud music which was a bit of a disappointment for me. Some lite Mediterranean would have been preferred. The wine list was good but two bottles that I ordered were not available. The food was so so. The restaurant's name suggested to me something Turkish but it wasn't.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

This was around the corner from our hotel. After spending a long day sightseeing, we asked the hotel concierge for some recommendations. We all like mediterranean food so we gave it a shot. Service was good, prices were reasonable, and everyone liked what they had. Would recommend!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

This restaurant was only 50 meters from the hotel where we was staying. We dined in this restaurant perhaps three times food was great and so was the service. We didn't book or reserved a table and all occasions it wasn't a problem finding us a table. Staff very friendly and very interested in where we are from and if we are enjoying New York . The only fall back not just on this restaurant but any other service in New York was the tipping part I understand that this is the culture in New York but it can become very expensive when you dine out at some stages we had to pay over $50 in tips after spending $280 for a meal for four and not including tax. You virtually have to add another 25 to 30% to your bill to cover tip and taxes.