“Oh my......stirs up so many emotions!”

Strawberry Fields, John Lennon Memorial
US$83.99*
New York in One Day Guided Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #100 of 1,140 things to do in New York City
Reviewed 25 June 2014

You have to go visit Central Park if but for nothing else than seeing John Lennon's memorial. Again, parents should restrain your kids from walking all over it and ruining the beautiful floral arrangements on this memorial. It had me crying.....AND rearranging the flowers after the kids made the mess.

3  Thank shoshanab49
Write a ReviewReviews (1,519)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

For me it wasnt something that I had to see. I wouldnt even had know to look for it or what it was if it wasnt a stop on our pedicab tour. After he explained the history of it I think it would be a memorable place for fans but Im not so I looked at it, took a pic and moved on.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I was the only real John Lennon fan in my group so seeing the memorial with them was not as satisfying as it would have been with others who cared a little more :( when we were there there was a crazy big group if people that were all trying to get a quick pic on the Imagine mosaic. The place itself was beautiful but if you REALLY want to see it I think you should time your visit to make sure you'll have the smallest crowds- maybe early during the day on a weekday if possible. There are also musicians that are always there playing. I think it would have been great to sit and stay for a bit but again the crowds really took away from it so we just kinda passed through. Strawberry fields is also a short distance from the Dakota which is very, very eerie. You can't help but shudder a little walking past those gates. People were taking pictures out front which I thought was a bit off too. Overall it is great to see just don't let the crowds ruin your time.

4  Thank Amymil19
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I'm not a great Lennon fan so I guess that makes me a bit biased. I thought this was a bit nothing but other people visiting at the same time seemed very impressed. I think that Central Park is a great place to spend a couple of ours but the Lennon memorial doesn't add much.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

It is a nice place to visit anytime of year you are in New York City. There are always people there and it is a very moving place. It is a New York City must do.