“Wonderful Broadway Show”

After Midnight
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I fully agree with the last reviewer. This musical review of the Cotton Club includes outstanding music and singing incorporating 25 songs of the era, spectacular dancing, great costuming and performances that could not be topped. Patti Labelle at 70 can still sing and Michael Jackson's former tap dance I structure is indescribably talented. The entire cast is exceptional as is the music of the Lincoln Center jazz band. It is a sad commentary that this show will end very soon when much less entertaining venues with less talent drag on for years.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Loved this show! Singing, dancing, music, costumes. Highly entertaining and just an all-around good time. The orchestra sits on stage and moves back and forth from front to back on the stage as required. Lighting on the orchestra "podiums" changes colors throughout the show to match lighting around the stage. The orchestra was as much the entertainment as were the dancers and singers. Patti LaBelle was very entertaining. We waited at the stage door to see a few of the actors. It was a long wait but worth it. She shook hands, signed autographs, took photos - and was just so gracious and lovely. No intermission - show is about 90 minutes and you will sad to see it end. Jared Grimes - tap solo, WOW. Dormeshia Sumbry-Edwards in several tap routines - great. Don't miss this show.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Usually it is extremely hard to find a show that my entire family can appreciate and enjoy. Such a wide variety of tastes. We can never agree on anything! Yet my entire family loved After Midnight!!! A must see for all.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My friends and I went to see After Midnight on Broadway and the play was fantastic. Patti LaBelle still has the fabulous voice of hers and she commands the stage. The other singers and dancers were great and we thoroughly enjoyed the little jokes thrown into the songs throughout the play. I highly recommend seeing this play before it leaves Broadway.