“What a nice”

Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Park Ave & Lexington Ave
Transit: Lexington-53rd Subway station E,V,6 Train
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We just kind of stumbled on that restaurant and we really loved it. We knew the "concept" of Korean BBQ, but never tried it in North America. We were impressed but the quality of the whole experience (service, food, athmosphere, etc.)!! We warmly recommend it!

Reviewed 26 November 2012 via mobile

I seek out Korean restaurants for three things: Bulgogi, Kahlrabi and Kimchee. Without them. You might add well eat the tastier fare that Japanese dining affords.

Unfortunately, this place failed with all three of those dishes. My Bulgogi was not cooked at table side but came out overcooked and cold in a bowl. Even worse, it was tasteless. Tasted like it was cooked days before and microwaved just before serving. Very disappointing.

The Kohlrabi was fatty and chewy and also overcooked way too far in advanced.

Finally the Kimchee surely came out of a jar and had absolutely no kick to it. It was like eating salted cabbage.

The wait staff was attentive and the food came out very quickly ( probably because it was scooped out if a bowl and nuked) but all in all I will never go back.

Save yourself disappointment and money and head down to 35th Street instead. That's where you'll find quality Korean food instead of this cold tasteless stuff.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

I have gone to this place consistently every trip to NYC for the last 12 years. The food is great and includes a traditional Korean BBQ table and private rooms. The service is excellent and the restaurant layout and atmosphere is spacious.

Great authentic Korean.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

We found this restaurant many years ago when it was recommended in Gourmet magazine. With my son home on leave just before he deploys we wanted to treat him to something special. I have been back to Korea Palace almost every year since we first found it but this time I really needed for it to be good food and a good experience.....AND it was. The server was a little unsure of himself but he eventually lit the table grill and the food was fresh and flavorful.Years ago the atmosphere might have been just a little bit more friendly and fun but this was a 1:30 lunch and overall it went well. We'll go back for another restful and easy visit in 10 months when my son returns .

Reviewed 28 January 2012

First off, my wife really liked it here, I really didn't. I had a Japanese dish, which was maybe my undoing. My wife had a Korean soup, which she said was great. Our experience was hampered by a roving child from another table, licking plates on tables and throwing the cutlery on the floor - nothing against families dining, but this kid needed to be tethered or caged. The decor is a little outdated. It's cheap and the staff are really nice, just not my cup of chai.