“Really good Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 22 August 2014

During our week-long stay in NYC we were here twice and both times we were pleasantly surprised how good the food was and well-prepared. Service was efficient and friendly. Can definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I was expecting traditional Thai and it was on the menu among a lot of other non-Thai dishes. Disappointed that my favorite Tom Gha soup was not on the menu although the linked menu in Tripadvisor Lists it. Wait...maybe I was in a different place because the outside of the building is NOT the same as in the picture yet the inside is the same pink shag rug shown in this listing.

Regardless, the food was decent and the prices were right. Nice fresh food and totally different. Beats chain restaurants anytime!! Enjoyable but not a Thai purist's dream.

1  Thank JuneauMan
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have dined here five times prior to writing this review and I want to state for the record to any travelers coming to NYC make sure you place Reg Thai on your must-stops to dine.
First, atmosphere is low key and subtle so you are able to have conversation without being disturbed by loud music or loud clientele. Second, service is attentive, knowledgeable, friendly and professional. Very few places in NYC have server staff this on-point.
Last,the food, A-mazing! I highly recommend the rock shrimp and the pork belly; what is important to know is that this is Thai fusion cuisine; so by all means order OFF menu- the Thai tacos or Thai tostada or the BBQ. The sushi bar is another plus, as well as the cocktails and wine.
All of this is reasonably priced.

By all means stop by Reg Thai and enjoy!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I located this place using Trip Advisor when waiting for a movie at the AMC located down around the corner and a few doors from the famous CHELSEA HOTEL. The restaurant setting is pure NYC with the front completely open to the street and tables out on the sidewalk. I liked sitting inside at the edge and looking out instead of being at an outside table. Wait service was very good and I enjoyed the appetizer BBQ pork sliced thin, marinated and served with sticky rice and a sweet sauce.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We were looking for a quick place to eat and happened to stumble upon this place. We had 2 kids with us and overall we were pretty happy. My little boy got the fried chicken appetizer with a side of rice and my daughter got the Happy Hour special which was pad thai or fried rice with 2 appetizers. She got the fried rice and enjoyed it along with her appetizer. I got the avocado green curry with veggies and tofu and thought it was great. My husband had the masman curry and it was also excellent. Two other people in our party got pad thai and were very happy with it. We also got the shrimp rolls appetizer and enjoyed them, and the firecracker and satay appetizers that the others in our party got were also excellent.

The free chips and salsa were also very good. We are from TX so we were a bit picky about this and while the salsa was "Texas good" it was good enough.

We would definitely come here again.