“Wonderful Jazz”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Wonderful Jazz”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

If your a true Jazz fan, then you have to go to Birdland. The music was OUTSTANDING. My only suggestion is to make reservations and to get in line early. The seats are first come first serve.

3 Thank Ahill77

• Korean first
Whitecourt, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Jazz at its finest”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Enjoyed a double header on a Friday night. Firstly sat in the front row for the Birdland Big Band session and it actually felt like we were sitting in with the band. We would thoroughly recommend a visit just to experience the musicianship and feel the energy flowing out of this band.
The next session involved some jazzers that have been around for a very long time called Quest. Again, exceptional musicianship and a lesson in how jazz should be played.
Also enjoyed dinner which was well priced and well served.
We would recommend a visit to one of the Jazz World Heritage Sites.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank yodel_555
Montreal
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Incredible”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

You can feel the history when you walk in. It has the vibe of a super club of back in the day. Drinks on the pricey side but ambiance was wonderful (all little candles, white tablecloths) and the music...oh man! Sound is awesome. Its the place to go for a wonderful evening of music and ambiance and just kicking back and letting mellow set in.

1 Thank DianeColo
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Cool jazz venue”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My girlfriend and I went to the late show after a long day of sightseeing. We arrived slightly late and were welcomed and taken to our table very quickly. All the tables are very close to the stage and it was just a cool NY night's entertainment. I can't say I'm very well-versed in jazz, but I thought the playing was excellent, and I really enjoyed the environment as well as the music - the cocktails weren't too bad either!

London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Good food and music!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Well worth the visit. My wife and I went there for a meal and also to enjoy the band that was on. Food was great and huge portions!

We had a good seat and the music was great. Service was also very good.

Visited February 2014