“Did not care for this place...”
Review of Longwood Gourmet - CLOSED

Longwood Gourmet
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The food here was underwhelming but cheap, guess we got what we paid for. It was close to our hotel was the only up side. They were out of French toast and only had mediocre pancakes. Also there is only like 7 small tables inside so there may not even be a table for you to sit at. We only ate here once, we enjoyed breakfast at Starbucks in the hotel every morning after that for the same price!

There are newer reviews for Longwood Gourmet

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I've eaten here several times over the years, as I stay at the hotel across the street for a conference. Like a number of NYC shops, this has a hot food bar and also an extensive salad bar. There are many different options and my best suggestion is to go earlier in the day when the food has not been sitting out for hours and hours. I had several of the "Chinese" entrees (I put quotes because this is on the level of Panda Express). The store has a great selection of sodas, bottled teas, and other drinks and lots of snacks, cookies, and chocolates. It is easy to pop in, get your food and get out. There are tables to eat in or you can of course take it away. Not really gourmet, but it's very good on average and a reasonably priced NYC meal. PS- this place is open 24 hours!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I've eaten at Longwood Gourmet several times and always loved the great salad bar and hot food selection ($7.99/lb). Sandwiches & grill too. Quick and helpful service. Nice seating too.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I only went here out of pure convenience as I was staying at the Intercontinental directly opposite Longwood Gourmet. We did not get breakfast as part of our package so we went here most days. It is not the best food in the world but you get a set breakfast complete with orange juice and coffee for $5-6 if I remember correctly, which is good for NYC. We did not eat the buffet only breakfast and it was fine for a bit of energy for the morning. Worth going to get breakfast to save money on hotels. Good place!

1  Thank TravelBenji
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Average food if not a little overpriced for what it is. Food kept in hot dishes but by time you have queued up and paid your food is cold.