“Lindy's”

Neighbourhood: Midtown
Syracuse, New York
“Lindy's”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Good breakfast menu available anytime. Portions were generous. Food was served quickly and was hot as it should be. Tasted great. Went there twice! Not greasy either.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Stick to your rib classics!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I hadn't been here since I was a child and I must say the food was just as yummy as I remember. The cheesecake was light, airy and fluffy. Delicious. It comes in a variety of flavors. I also had a potato knish for old times sake. That was very good do. The portions are quite large. There was plenty to take home. The waitstaff were all very friendly and provided good prompt service.

Visited April 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Don't bother”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Sheraton and decided to walk across to Lindy's on a Sunday morning (6 April 2014). I expected it to be busy but this place was horrible. We were given two seats in the back, next to the their point of sale register. We then waited and waited and waited. Our waiter never once acknowledged us, let alone offered us water. I didn't get his name however he is an older individual, red hair with glasses. At one point he walked outside and eventually returned ten minutes later. All told we probably waited 20 top 25 minutes and our designated waiter never came by. At that point I was fed up and we left. I complained to the hostess as I left however she was quick enough to take us back to the table and assigned "Dorothy" as our replacement waiter. After an unhappy and expensive breakfast we were given the bill and I left cash on the table. Two minutes later the red haired waiter had the gall to come over and take my money however he quickly realized we were not his table anymore. He put the money down and I made it a point to give the cash to "Dorothy" as I was afraid what the red haired waiter was going to do. I expect a restaurant to be buys on a Sunday but I don't expect a waiter to give us zero acknowledgement no matter how busy he may have been. This guy was disorganized and out in left field. There were two foreign visitors sitting next to us and they were not happy with redhead and in fact ,were given the wrong breakfast order. I would not recommend this place and suggest people find other places located off the beaten path with cheaper prices and a friendlier staff. Thumbs down to this place..

Ocean Springs, Mississippi
“A Major Disappointment”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We had eaten there several years ago and were so looking forward to visiting again. Well, the hostess was not very welcoming, our waitress pretty much ignored us, the food was mediocre at best. The cheesecake was good, not great as we had remembered and the portions were smaller than before. Then as we left, the waitress kept shouting for her pen back - she never left me one to sign the check! Not going back.

Visited April 2014
Northern California
“Perfectly acceptable experience”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Our waiter was attentive, but not overbearing. Our food came quickly and the cheesecake was EXCELLENT. My husband is very picky about cheesecake and he enjoyed it. The prices are in line with others we have found in NYC, but the portions are large enough to share. Maybe if you have a bad waiter or go at a busy or off time your experience might be different, but when you are in NYC to see Guys and Dolls at Carnegie Hall - where else would you go?