“Great Home Comfort pasta”
Review of La Masseria

La Masseria
Reserve with OpenTable
La Masseria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 14,199 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Broadway and 8th Avenue
Transit: N, R & W trains to 49th Street and E and 1 train to 50th Street.
Description: La Masseria Restaurant is inspired from ancient fortified farmhouses that in the Puglia Region of Italy are called “Masseria”. Executive Chef/Co-Owner, Pino Coladonato, grew up on a Farm in Puglia. He was forced to eat whatever was available but soon was tired of bean puree and decided to take matters into his own hands, creating new ways to use the same few ingredients. Now, with limitless ingredients to choose from, fava beans, chickpeas and lentils are still a core element in many of his entrees. Interior Designer Libby Langdon has created a warm, inviting dining atmosphere. Rustic and relaxed, with plenty of old world charm. Oversized iron sconces custom made from antique wrought iron gates punctuate the walls, and artful displays of antique farm tools mixed with various authentic Italian photographs all add to the farmhouse appeal. The 250-bottle wine list encompasses all regions of Italy with few of the best American and the rest of the world.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Great home made pasta ! We had an entire wine bottle it was delicious ! A little pricy but worth it after a good show. I the the bacon pasta it was the best. My daughter had the lobster pasta it was also amazing! The carpaccio salad was huge! Worth dinning¡

1  Thank Mamamia15
Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I spent a night here with my girlfriend in august. The place is really cute and the food is really good. I suggest this place to everybody who wanna have a nice italian dinner. Price are in line with other places like this one, overall not expensive.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My dad booked a reservation for us at the restaurant and from the moment we sat down the waiters were amazing all very kind, funny and entertaining. We were sent complimentary appetisers to eat from the chef which tasted amazing!!! My main course was amazing as well it was cooked to perfection and it was just what I was looking for! Dessert was my favourite. I had 3 flavours of sorbet Mango, raspberry and passionfruit all of which tasted great!!! At the end of the night we met the owner who was very nice and we ended up with a complimentary dinner! That night ended very well and I would definitely love to come back here again!!!

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

The food and service was excellent. I had the sea bass over argues with lemon and whipped potatoes. It was outstanding. For dessert, the chocolate almond torte was also delicious as well. Beautiful place, great location. I will definitely go again. VERY NICE WAITSTAFF!

1  Thank Trish B
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Excellent find for pre theater dinner. Food was very good as was the service. Everyone enjoyed their meal and service was prompt.