“Will not go again”

US$50.00*
Italians of Greenwich Village Food Tour
Ranked #20 of 874 Nightlife in New York City
Reviewed 9 April 2014

To small table, even if prebooked several weeks before arrival with correct amount of guests.

Way to many guests, it got so crowded I might consider it a security risk if something happens.

Make sure the staff count the money at the table when leaving payment, before he/she leaves. We had a really unpleasant issue not agreeing on what was paid.

We left before the show was over with a bad feeling. We are all adults (in our mid 40s), and was accused of being drunk, which was wrong.

1  Thank Lars S

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This place came highly recommended to me from some friends. I have to say that each time I have gone past it I have been unimpressed by the "cover on the book". However, once you go inside you quickly understand why people love this place. We saw the house bad who played jazz, blues, reggae, alternative, folk and Latin music. Each genre was outstanding and the band could compete with any group that specialized in only one genre.

All I have to say is if you like live music, this is a must stop in NYC.

3  Thank BusLeis45458
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have visited cafe wha during two visits to NYC and loved it both times. It has a great atmosphere that doesn't feel too touristy and the band are brilliant. They have lots of different people singing throughout the night so there is something for everyone. My favourite bar in New York by a mile!

2  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Have been here twice. Can't wait to go back!
I would definitely recommend making a reservation and arriving a little early especially if you are going on a weekend night. I have been on a slower night and a Saturday night. Saturday was quite packed so you need to get there early even with a reservation.
I did not eat dinner either time but there was a decent selection on the menu and a larger party close to us ordered a lot and it looked good. There is a great drink menu with a full bar in addition to what is on the menu.
The music was AMAZING! The first time I went was a quiet night and there was a different band. They were all amazing and the lead female singer was a gross between Adelle and Janis Joplin. We only planned on staying for a set or two and stayed the full four hours. We just could not leave and miss a minute. The second time was the house band and there were about 5 different people to step up to the mic. They took recommendations and knew almost everything. So exciting. I would absolutely recommend Cafe Wha? to anyone!
There is a small reservation fee with reasonable food and drink prices. Especially since you are in Manhattan. I know there are so many options but Cafe Wha? is so worth the trip.

2  Thank LetsGo927
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We decided to go after reading great reviews on Trip Adviser.Ended up being one of the highlights of the holiday.Travelling with older teenagers we were delighted they were welcome. Food was good value-helpings big,drink reasonably priced,atmosphere great and house band fantastic. Will definitely recommend to others and return if ever back in New York.

1  Thank JULESDAG