“If you are looking for a fun time dancing to 80's music, keep looking...”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Culture Club

Culture Club
Ranked #245 of 857 Nightlife in New York City
Bermuda
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“If you are looking for a fun time dancing to 80's music, keep looking...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

On a recent trip to New York, my husband and I thought it would be fun to go dancing. Instead of going to a swanky techno music club, we wanted to go somewhere we knew all the music and could just have fun.

The design looks like some not very clever junior high school kids were given free reign - lots of day glo pac men. In the 1.5 hours we were there, most of the music wasn't 80's and when it was it was so badly re-mixed the song was barely recognizable. We paid a $25/per person cover charge. The drinks were horribly over-priced and it seemed like the Club catered to the Jersey Shore crowd. On a Friday night there was only one other floor that we found open and nobody was there.

Culture Club is a huge disappointment.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun, fun, fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

We "liked" the club on Facebook prior to our visit and received "front of the line" privileges. Great music, fun crowd, great decor (murals and paintings). The negatives are the overpriced drinks ($15 for a cocktail, $5 for a bottle of water), and horrible bathrooms with doors that don't lock. I had a blast dancing to the 80's and the overall crowd was very into it. The dance floor was packed all night!!!

Grove City, Ohio
“vacation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

the hotel was very convenient to all the things that I wanted to see, like the theater, time square, NBC studios, Rockfeller Plaza and shopping/

Brooklyn, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“If you like extreme loudness and 80's music then its for you!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

I go to that place every time there is a scheduled meetup. The meetups are always from 6-9. Not a bad place, I like the decor and the music but what I dont like is, that it become insanely loud from 8 till closing. If that wasnt the case, I would have enjoyed it, but becasue of the extreme loudness I always leave around 9. Another huge no no, is that on the first floor they have about 4 bathroom they are unisex but none of them have a lock on the door, which means anyone can open it while you do your business. You must go upstairs to the bathrooms that close.

Visited June 2012
Brooklyn, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Love the 80'S ..This place is for you”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Culture Club Disco, atmosphere is all neon, they have three floors, however in the 2x I have been there I only saw 2 floors. The third floor plays more ghetto music and the 1rst floor plays alot of70-80 and then they will throw in some of the newer music thats out there. Dance Floor is small and sticky !
GET READY TO GO BROKE WITH THE DRINKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VERY EXPENSIVE
ENTRY IS $ 25.00 WHICH IS ALSO EXPENSIVE SO LOOK OUT FOR DISCOUNTS, ALSO LIKE THEM ON FACEBOOK, SOMETIMES YOU WILL FIND DISCOUNTS.

Visited September 2012