“The people made the location fun”
Review of Henrietta Hudson

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Henrietta Hudson
Atlanta, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“The people made the location fun”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My girlfriend and I went here a few years ago during a work trip to New York. We wanted to find a women's bar with a fun environment, good drinks, and a dance floor. While we were not overly impressed with the venue itself, we met some really great couples who were fun to talk to! The bar is pretty tiny, as I'm sure many bars in downtown Manhattan can be. We went on a Friday night and had to wait twenty minutes or so just to get a drink at the bar. Imagine being packed into a very large elevator with a hundred lesbians. The dance floor was fun, typical gay bar decor, but what really made the trip was the couple we met! New Yorkers are not known for their hospitality or friendliness, but we met several people who were fun to talk to and eager to recommend other places to go. We would go back again if we visit the city in the near future.

Visited November 2011

North Jersey
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Awesome Women's Dance Club”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My partner and I wanted to find the right place to unwind in a LGBT friendly environment. HH is all about the music. They need a much larger dance floor. The place was packed with women and
we danced for hours.
Love the outdoor seats and I am so glad NYC is smoke free in bars. It would be unbearable if there were smoking inside because the smoking outside sure was unpleasant.

Visited May 2012
New York City, New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“local lesbian bar”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

What can I say, music isn't all that great and dancing space small and on friday and saturday nights just plain too crowded. The crowd has now become either too old or too young . Bouncers are just not the most polite out there but then again when have you seen a happy bouncer? prices are ok I suppose. I like coming here on Sundays to shoot pool, or thursdays for the 2 for drinks till midnight.

Visited February 2012
Boston
“Great atmosphere and friendly New Yorkers...who knew?”
Reviewed 24 May 2005

I heard that this old mainstay of the women's bar scene had recently 're-opened' and wasn't sure what I would find with so many of the other 'old places' now closed as well. I was happy to find that it felt the same. The women were friendly, the drinks weren't outrageously priced and they now have a DJ. I had a great time.