“Unexpected food”

Morrell Wine Bar & Cafe
Ranked #112 of 877 Nightlife in New York City
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Last time I stayed in New York my colleagues and I went to Wine Bar. We were a big group so they reserved the two tables on the higher level which was more private than the main dining area. I ordered the parpadelle with pork. I found that it was a different combination than what I am used to. After the meal we all shared cheese and fruit. I am a big fan of cheese and I have to say that their selection was fantastic. This was a company-sponsored dinner so I cannot say how expensive or not the dinner was. If you are in the mood to try different combinations, it will be a definite stop.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Stopped here with a friend who is well versed in wine selection. Our waiter impressed her with his knowledge. Enjoyed a selection of Pinots. The small plates are also good. We had only the olives and cheese but neighboring tables (the tables are very close) had tacos and crostini which looked delicious.

Reviewed 2 February 2013

What a fantastic wine bar. We spent a short while here sampling the delights of this fantastic wine bar after visiting 'Top of the Rock'. We expected that given the location it would be very expensive, but we were mistaken. They have a 'happy hour' type promotion from 3pm-5pm. $6 for a ice cold glass of Prosecco. The Argentinian Malbec was also excellent.

The small plates looked fantastic and the service was excellent. Very well mannered and attentive. Will definately be back!

1  Thank Ruggedadventurer
Reviewed 25 January 2013

This place is convenient to 5th Ave shoppers (me) and cozy and friendly. Great wine selection, nice nosh. Often I find other out of towners who love NYC and are visiting and we compare notes. I am an ex-New Yorker, I love wine, and I dig the winter sales at Saks Fifth Avenue. After shopping (and guilt) I appease my guilt with a few glasses of vino, a little nosh and a love letter to NYC via Rockefeller Center. You will not be disappointed. Plus, you can buy the wine in the adjacent wine store. Thanks Morrell!