“Decent food and great music”
Review of Swing 46

Swing 46
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I've been wanting to come here for a while and I was not disappointed. If you like 40's era music, you will love this place. I ordered coconut shrimp and the salmon filet for dinner. This place is NOT cheap - for just me, the cover charge was $15 and I ended up paying close to $80 for the dinner and drinks. Part of the $80 was the three apple tinis that ended up being $12 each - ouch!

The coconut shrimp wasn't that great. I probably wouldn't get it again. It tasted like frozen shrimp that had been reheated in the oven.

The salmon filet, however, made up for the shrimp 100%. It was some of the best salmon I have ever had.

The live band was wonderful. There was a dancing lesson prior to the band playing but the dance floor is small and can't fit a whole lot of people. It made for some humorous dancing. With the band playing and some of the more professional dancers on the floor, it was like a scene straight out of a movie. Honestly, this place looks like somewhere Desi would go with his band while Lucy is trying to sell vitameatavegamin in the corner. ;-)

I'm giving it 4 stars for the great entree, the wonderful music, but the not so hot coconut shrimp. The service was decent but not the greatest either - I don't think they had enough people to cover all the customers.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Oh no....we fell into tourist trap!! stay away!!

I have so many things to say but I'll make it straight to the point…It's a place for tourists!!
We thought it would be nice to sit there and listen to the music and to tell you the truth - we weren't that hungry and for sharing plate we had to pay additional 6$ (???) why?? This is the first time I need to pay for such thing (and I've been in so many restaurants around the world...) and even if you ask for additional money for sharing a plate - provide an additional plate for our convenience!!

next - 15$ music charge per person!!! (???)
next - 18$ service charge automatically (?!?!?!?!?) - we just got it as part of the bill!

Shame on you!

Next - service was just bad!!! they didn't ask for anything (do you like the food? do you need anything else? everything is okay? are you having fun? do you enjoy the food? etc...)

We just wanted to get the bill and get out...

3  Thank Malmichal
Reviewed 22 October 2012

While walking restaurant row during the daytime, we came across Swing46 Jazz Club and decided we'd like to come back that night after our show. It was late when we got there, around midnight, so we only had an hour before closing. The front is the bar area with a long booth and tables along one side. You can still hear the music if you sit in this area, but we went to the back where there were about 30 or so tables and a stage where the band and singer were with a dance floor in front of them. Not a huge place, very nice though. We sat at one of the tables that was elevated from the dance floor. The music was excellent. They played a lot of music from the 60's, such as Blue Moon, and the singer had a great voice. A lot of saxophone solos, it was a full band. We had a glass of wine and watched the dancing. We were there on a good night as two of the men dancing every song were obviously either professional dancers or just really, really good. They either danced with their dates or would pick a woman sitting at the tables and the women really seemed to have a great time dancing with them. At the end, just for fun, they did a dance together and they were laughing the whole time. They were dancing so fast it was really amazing. This was a fun place to go to and we will definitely return to see what the band is like next time, as they have different ones performing. A new experience for us while in NYC so even if you don't usually frequent jazz clubs, give it a try; you may really enjoy it too!

Reviewed 14 October 2012

A great evening, great band, great dance instructor, great waitress! Unfortunately we got the waiter. Poor guy needs some training in taking orders in a timely manner, remembering orders, & checking on your table. The waitress on the other side of the room appeared to do a much better job. For an evening out, the price tag was not too high, considering that they can really only have one seating per night.

Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

My family and I were all in NYC last week to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. Our youngest son found this fantastic place and we booked, all being fans of the music. Well it did not disappoint. The atmosphere was exciting, food lovely, reception friend and warm, lastly entertainment was fabulous. We stayed there all night until the final set was over and felt privileged to listen to a wonderful orchestra led by a very charismatic legend, Stan Rubin. The dancers were fantastic too. Serve was great and the entire evening will live in my memory always. Thank you so much for making a very special trip and extremely special anniversary a wonderful, unforgettable experience. Fabulous.