“We Enjoyed Jersey Boys”

and up
Mean Girls on Broadway
Ranked #312 of 1,175 things to do in New York City
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The staff was great. The theater was not overly ornate, it was pleasant, and venerable. Jersey Boys is a musical. It's also a brief history of the group. The "Frankie Valli" player was excellent. I would close my eyes and he sounded almost just like Frankie Valli. The other players were excellent too. Very good musical (documentary?). Very nice theater. Given the opportunity, you should see it!

1  Thank rjare
"concessions"
"orchestra"
"visibility"

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I loved the seats, the staff and the all around experience. Great sound, lighting and easy to find on foot from Times Square.

1  Thank Cheri R
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Ok, Im not a big fan of theater. I've been to several plays with my wife and only found a couple I liked. Les Miserable and Wicked. Then for our anniversary, I took her into New York to see Jersey Boys. I was very aware of the Four Seasons music growing up. But the play brought much of the band's lives in perspective. A good pace to the play with their songs and timely comedy dotted in through out the performance. My take was that the New York production was really good, in fact, excellent. I'd say this group of performers was damn near dead on the Four Seasons. The lead for Frankie Valli did a suberb job. The guy is very very good! I found out quite a bit regarding the original members. Some was profound, some was sad and some was enlightening. I didn't know Joe Pesci was involved with the band back in their starting days. The performance was at the August Wilson theater on 52 St, just around the corner from the David Letterman Show. THe show was about 2 &1/2 hours long. We had a drink acrss the street at Victor's Cuban restaurant before the show. For those that are hesitant, go. You probably will enjoy it. For those that have been wanting to go but haven't yet, what are you waiting for?

Reviewed 24 March 2012

My sister and I treated my mom to a 50th birthday/30th anniversary present to Jersey Boys. We originally tried to see it when it was running in Philly but decided to take a weekend getaway to new York to see it. It was my first time experiencing a braodway show and I LOVED IT. There was not a bad seat in the house, and the show was amazing.

2  Thank Rebecca F
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Jersey Boys, a 2006 Tony Award winner, still plays to packed crowds. Staging includes the prominant use of a raised cat-walk, so get tickets in the middle of the rows to have full view of the entire stage. We had seats on the mezzanine (B111-B114) and were close to perfect views, although my husband in the 114 seat (aisle) had to lean right to see the upper left stage action. Seats in the Theater are about as tight as a coach airplane seat - "cozy" as my brother-in-law. I must commend the staff for directing us to a handicapped entrance for my sister-in-law's easier access (she had a broken ankle), which reduced the stairs into the theater by about 1/2, but even this amenity didn't really help too much as movement between floors and on the mezzanine level is by staircase.

Show is good enough to put up with the inconvenience of the theater.

3  Thank Ralee