“Orpheum Theatre in NYC is a health hazard”
Review of Orpheum Theatre

STOMP Off-Broadway
Ranked #467 of 1,111 things to do in New York City
NH
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Orpheum Theatre in NYC is a health hazard”
Reviewed 15 February 2009

I recently purchased tickets for STOMP at the Orpheum Theatre for Saturday February 14, 2009. I am writing in regards to a problem at the show. First, I come from NH and drove 4.5 hours for a weekend in NYC to see this popular show. The show was wonderful; however, the theatre was not to code. First, there was no toilet paper in either stall in the ladies bathroom. There was also no soap. With about 15 minutes left of the show, someone in the show yelled that someone was going to get bit by a rat. I was two rows in front of this man. There was a rat that was running around towards the front of the theatre. The rat was running around and squealing. He was leaving droppings everywhere. My boyfriend and I had to get up and leave because we were afraid to get bit. This is a violation of health codes, and I was petrified. Not only did I spend 4.5 hours driving to NYC specifically to see this show, I also spent $75 a ticket off of ticketmaster, and we did not even get to see the end of the show. This was the worst theatre building I have been to, and I have traveled most of the US and have seen many shows.
It is too bad because most people in the theatre left early, and it is unfortunate because STOMP is such a good show.

4 Thank travelbunnyNh