“Charming and historical”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Charming and historical”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I had to visit this famous theatre because my favourite Broadway show has been playing there for the best part of 30 years. It was fantastic to be in such a historical venue watching such a fantastic production. The Phantom of the Opera was a fantastic show and the magic of the theatre added to the experience. The only negative we found was the ticket box staff were really rude and unhelpful. They couldn't sell us our tickets quick enough to get rid of us from the queue. You would think they would be more courteous but then again they don't have to be so nice a) they a New Yorkers and b) they're going to sell the tickets one way or another whether you like them or not. Next time I'll buy tickets from an agency so as to avoid the ticket box at the venue.

Visited January 2014

• Turkish first
Yorkville, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Lovely Theater ... if prepared”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We saw a great evening performance of Phantom of the Opera here on July 14th. The Majestic is an old, beautiful theater and a perfect venue for Phantom. However, it's a little more enjoyable if you're prepared. First of all, when the doors open for the evening performance, you're all herded downstairs. It's crowded with very few places to sit and we wondered why we weren't allowed to go directly to our seats. Secondly, and most important, bring a sweater! It can be quite chilly especially in the first part of the performance before Intermission. Thirdly, if you're a woman who plans to use the restroom at Intermission, best of luck. The theater is old and there aren't many stalls in the bathroom hence the inevitable line. The line was huge and half of us didn't get to use the restroom before the lights dimmed and we had to get back to our seats. Now you're prepared!

Visited July 2014
9 Thank TravelingJ2012
South Orange, New Jersey
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“A Beautiful old Broadway Theater”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is one of NYC's architectural gems- the inside of this theater truly lives up to its' name- 'majestic'. We saw 'The Phantom of the Opera', a beautiful love story that's been playing on Broadway for decades, but never gets tired. The performance was flawless, and the musical score is a timeless classic, with numerous memorable and familiar tunes that have become a permanent part of the American Songbook. I highly recommend this NY experience.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jim D
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Hugh Barnett, a very rude manager”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I want to file a complain about Hugh Barnett, a Manager at the Majestic Theater. Interacting with him was a truly ugly experience.

On Friday, June 13 I brought over 100 people to see The Panthom of the Opera at the majestic Theater. The group was The Children's Choir from Houston, TX and their parents. The choir received a big honor, an invitation to perform at the Carnegie Hall on Monday, June 16, and we arrived a few days in advance to enjoy New York city. It was a very warm day, everyone was wearing T-shirts. As we settled down in our seats in the orchestra we all felt a freezing AC wind blowing directly on us. We are from Houston, where the weather is very hot and we are used to the air conditioning in cars, homes and public places, but on that day at the Majestic Theater the temperature was so cold and I watched the kids scrunching, wrapping their arms around shoulders and shivering.

At the intermission I went to look for administration and met Hugh Barnett. I asked him if he could do anything to turn AC down just a little bit. The answer was: No. Just like that. I very politely explained to him that I brought 51 young singers who are feeling very cold. Mr. Barnett looked at me coldly and said: Your children should have brought sweaters. Then he said: I don't have time to talk to you any more. Chiao! I was flabbergasted - is this person entitled to represent the beautiful Majestic Theater, New York Theater Management? If he is - he is doing a huge. disservice to this organization.

We really loved the show. However, as a result of Majestic "cold treatment" one child got sick and spent all the days is our 5 - day trip in bed. It was really disappointing considering the fact that each family made tremendous effort and sacrifice to send their children to New York. Please let me know your thoughts.

Sincerely yours,

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A must Watch.”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This play is one of the most mind-blowing plays I've ever seen. At majestic theatre at broadway, the play is one of a kind. The actors are superb and believe it or not the set up is the best I've seen till date.

Visited May 2014