“A Jewel in Midtown”

Archer Hotel New York
Ranked #15 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I found the hotel accidentally. I am a fellow New Yorker, who has lived in and out of the city multiple times in my life. I am a Marriott Gold Member and travel a lot, but when I am in NYC, I enjoy boutique hotels. The Archer is one great boutique hotel! The staff was friendly and professional. I know NYC rooms are always small, but the size here was adequate. I was more taken with the extremely large bathroom and amenities. The counter size was exceptional. I liked the dual sized refrigerator, one side for mini bar, and the other your own personal side. That is a sweet touch. I loved the turndown service, the snacks that were left and the bathroom products. It was a great experience and one I will repeat again very soon

2  Thank David R
GM_ArcherNY, General Manager at Archer Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2016

Thank you, David R. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Michele Mangino - GM

Write a ReviewReviews (3,274)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My company booked me in at the Archer Hotel for couple nights this week and even though it hasn't been open long, I was really impressed with the stay. The room was definitely a bit on the small side but I still had space to unpack and stretch out. The bed was incredibly comfortable...I can't stress that enough. Possibly one of the most comfy hotel beds I've ever had. The bathroom was nice and well lit. Everything was spotless, there was free wifi in the room and the staff were all very helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend staying here and make sure you check out the Spyglass bar for a great view of the city.

2  Thank Jenni M

Thank you, Jenni M. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Archer is a hip, new hotel in Midtown West. The staff is well trained and want to make sure that your stay is the most comfortable. Scott C at the front desk is a gem. He helped us make our stay there feel like a home away from home. The rooftop bar is lively and offers a stunning view of the Empire State Building. The rooms are compact, but well laid out. We enjoyed the soft and luxurious Frette bedding and towels. The Nespresso coffee in-room was a treat. The Bugatti Bar is a fun lobby bar. We will highly recommend the hotel and look forward to coming back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank CampNapa

Thank you, CampNapa. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I go up to NYC at least once a year and like to sample different hotels. The Archer is new and I was attracted by its discount rate of $239.00. My experience was very similar to other reviewers -- great service, charming and welcoming lobby, and quality linens and furnishings. However, the room was really small; This usually doesn't bother me -- its NYC after all-- but I could touch the window from one side of the bed and the bathroom door with the other. As I was traveling with my daughter, it was hard to maneover with all our stuff. The rooftop bar had just opened, and it's got a lovely view of the Empire State, but not enough chairs so we never really relaxed while we were up there. Plus we got charged for two dishes instead of the one we had ordered and they were unable to add my bill to the hotel room. These are minor glitches and I expect they will be fixed once it has been opened a bit longer. In sum, a nice addition to NYC but probably a better choice for a single traveler unless you splurge for a bigger room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KarenfromDC
GM_ArcherNY, General Manager at Archer Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for choosing Archer Hotel during your recent trip to New York. Our guest rooms are intimate, so we focused on filling them with thoughtful details that would provide large luxury.

We are working through some items and appeciate your input regarding seating at Spyglass. It is a beautiful view of the city and we want our guests to be able to relax and enjoy their time on
the rooftop.

We hope to see you on your next visit to New York City.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was very much looking forward to staying at this hotel for an upcoming business trip. I booked two nights through my corporate travel site, carefully checking the cancellation policy as meeting times can change. The policy stated that there was a 1 day cancellation period and didn't specify any minimums (how many nights I needed to book). When I learned that I only needed to stay in New York one night, my travel agent attempted to change my reservation, the Archer said that I would have to cancel the entire reservation or take a penalty as there was a two night minimum for my reservation.

I also tried calling and was provided the same information. I asked to speak with a reservation manager and was provided a number for Michelle [--]. When I tried to call, my call went back into the reservation call center and I was told that there was no way I could be provided with contact information for Ms. [--].

Based on this experience, I'd advise other travelers to be very cautious with this property. I've traveled extensively for business and personal and have never had a property NOT provide a minimum stay requirement up front.

3  Thank Anne C
GM_ArcherNY, General Manager at Archer Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your incredibly valuable feedback.  You brought to our attention two technology glitches that we were not aware of in our early days post opening.  Our reservation confirmation inadvertently provided the name of an associate who is not based at the hotel - hence the challenge in reaching her personally.  The second issue was a glitch with the reservation system, displaying incorrect information to the agent when you tried to change your dates.  The agent was just following the instructions displayed and it was our fault the instructions were not correct.  We care passionately about smooth guest interactions and are horrified that this was not your experience.  Please accept our sincere apologies for the frustration and inconvenience. Thanks to you, both issues have been resolved.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Only a few weeks old when I stayed the décor has been thoughtfully considered, the staff (some of which are still training so I am very forgiving for some teething problems) are lovely and helpful, the rooms are smart and comfortable. I had a queen room, small but tasteful and the bed is exceptionally comfortable, bathroom big and everything you need. The restaurant is excellent, I would even eat here if I wasn't a resident. The devil can be in the detail but all effort is made to make the guest feel special from the high-end tea's, soaps and complimentary chocolate / sweets when your room is turned down in the evening. The bar on the 22nd floor has a great view and is a good place to unwind. I would definitely stay again and in comparison to the many other options in this area, for the price it really is a hidden gem!

3  Thank DeaksMaidenhead

Thank you, DeaksMaidenhead. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Archer Hotel last week. When I checked in, I found out it was about a week old. The staff was great and the amenities were amazing. The room I was in was alittle small, but for the amount of time I was in there it was not a problem. The decor was modern and I really like the atmosphere in there. They leave you the best salted caramels I have ever had. I told them how much I like them and everyday when I came back to the room, there were a few extra ones there. I totally recommend this hotel, as it's in a great location. It's 4 blocks from Madison Square Garden and 4 blocks from Time Square. Great location and thank you for making my stay so enjoyable.

3  Thank sobigs2

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your time at Archer Hotel. Our rooms are intimate, but love that you appreciate the modern décor and those unforgettable caramels. Thank you for recommending to others, and we hope to see you the next time you are in Manhattan!