Archer Hotel New York
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$185
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$224
US$139
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$157
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$147
US$116
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$170
  • Fitness centre
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$440
US$323
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$278
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$148
3,394 results
All reviewsrooftop barview of the empire state buildingturn down servicebryant parknespresso machinenew yorkrooms are smallboutique hoteltimes squarelittle touchesgreat boutiqueevery eveningperfect locationmidtown manhattanfantastic hotelwould highly recommend this hotelmini bar
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Booked this hotel on a whim through Travelzoo. Beautiful rooms and wonderful customer service! Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting NYC! Gorgeous view of the Empire State Building from the roof top bar!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle H
GM_ArcherNY, General Manager at Archer Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2016

Thank you, Michelle H. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a new boutique hotel located in the Fashion District of Manhattan. It is decorated in modern/industrial design. Everything was really great including the staff at front desk and the waitstaff of the restaurant and Spyglass bar. The view from the Spyglass of the Empire State Bldg. would have been great if it were not for the fact it was raining. Our only disappointment was the very small room. It would have been OK but there was no place to open or unpack your luggage unless you place it on your clean bed. There was, however, space to store the closed luggage UNDER the bed. The bathroom was spacious and very clean. Very modern with tile everywhere and glass enclosed shower. We had breakfast in the "fabrik" restaurant which was very good but somewhat over priced in my opinion. (2 omelettes and 2 coffees for $45 including tip.) (yes, I understand this is New York) But, you can have peanut brittle at any time on your way out of the hotel as a snack! Nice touch. Overall, would probably stay again especially if we had a special deal as we did through Travelzoo.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank diner2001

Thank you, diner2001. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a wonderful hotel. The beds are incredibly soft and the front desk staff is courteous, helpful and efficient. It has incredible views of the Empire State Building and a fabulous rooftop bar. I would strongly recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ela L

Thank you, Ela L. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Two nights stay - very central and convenient. Friendly and helpful staff. New and clean rooms. Hotel newly renovated Great roof top bar with superb view of New York skyline & Empire State building. Plan to return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 169wendyh

Thank you, 169wendyh. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The good or really great: the hotel is adorable. From the hospitality when you walk in the door (bags rolled right away, no line to check in, very nice Megan who checked us in, offered a fabulous floor for our room, and was able to accommodate a late check out) to the decor, ambiance and feel of the place, I loved it. We even got a $10 off card to use anywhere at the hotel. Outside hotel front are tables and cushy seats to sit back and people watch. Walk in and small bar area to your right which was well designed and fab, and your reception desk to the left. A seating area with amazing yellow couches before the restaurant David Burke fabrick. We didn't eat there but heard wonderful things and will visit another time I'm sure. I would recommend a nice scent upon arrival. Have been to other hotels and this little touch makes you automatically feel part of someone else's 'home'.The room (see also indifferent section) small but adorable. From the his and hers slippers, adorable bedside clock and reading lamps, to the nespresso machine (i❤️nespresso) to the great products and most comfy bed this room was awesome. There are two small colplimentary water bottles and caramels which were so yummy I wanted more! So new you can feel yourself breaking it in and my 14yr old niece and I couldn't get enough of the comfy pillows and window that actually opens! Not the usual for a NY hotel. At turndown, you get left a treat of yummy salty and sweet lollipops with an accompanying adorable notecard. My niece loved the adorable little fancy touches. Also see my separate review for the amazing rooftop bar, spyglass.

The indifferent:
The room is small. Really small.The bed has drawers built in and a small space underneath which was great if you like to unpack stuff but we just threw our suitcase on the ottoman. The mini bar is weighted and I realized it after I almost picked up a bottle. I suppose reception could remind you upon check in of this. Some tourists might be so excited and pick something up, like the snacks that look yummy, and not realize boom...it's yours. The internet: if you don't mind spotty wifi, you can place this in the indifferent section. If you do mind, see the bad section below.

The bad:
The AC. We came in and it was 70. We set it down to 68 (the lowest possible setting). It never went down. Came back from a show and room was now 73. Called reception and a tech came around 11. Did nothing but poke around the unit, and restart the thermostat. Air kicked on. After sweating through the sheets of the most comfy bed ever, I woke up at 2am to thermostat reading 73. Called reception, and asked for a fan so as not to have tech come back up and wake up my niece. The said try to restart thermo and it should kick on the AC. It was a 'glitch'. I did and it did, but woke up at 6am sweating even worse with thermostat now at 76. The hospitality card suggests to relax, take it easy and enjoy your stay. I was so upset I couldn't get a good nights sleep because of the temperature problem. I should be sleeping now still instead of writing this but I'm sweating and uncomfortable. They did offer a different room to sleep in at 2am but I wasn't going to wake my visiting niece who is pooped.
2) wifi. It's free which is great but spotty to say the least. Took me 2 hours trying to connect to finally get the screen that prompts you for your username and password. Once it worked on my iPad, couldn't get in my iPhone. Then after coming back from show, I never got wifi again. Including now to write this review. So if you need to check work emails or look stuff up, you might have a hard time doing so.

Other than that I would say the recent opening has probably been a success and despite the bad section above which I am sure they will work on, I would stay again ensuring my room has properly functioning AC! Especially in the NY summer heAt.....

Room 2102 on highest floor was awesome! Super high and quiet considering the rooftop bar one floor up!

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank jkwasnick

Thank you, jkwasnick. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We do apologize for any mechanical discomforts or inconveniences you encountered during our early opening period. We have made many improvements over the last two years and we hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.