“Not bad”

Ranked #17 of 467 Hotels in New York City
london, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a centrally located hotel, very new. It is fine. I guess it is more of a holiday hotel than a business one though. Not that welcoming for a sole business traveller, but if that isn't what you are going for, then it is excellent. The clientele seems very cool, which is fine if you are on holiday, but less relaxing if it is a Monday night, and you have been up for 18 hours when you get there....I'm sure it will do very well indeed...but I'd go for the numerous other business orientated options next time I think.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GM_ArcherNY, General Manager at Archer Hotel New York, responded to this review, 4 March 2016
Thank you, Mark B. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We apologize for any discomfort or inconveniences you may have encountered during your business trip and during our early opening period. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Michele Mangino - GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Washington DC, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This small, LIVELY hotel is handsomely appointed and spanking-new clean. The staff is courteous and responsive and very congenial. The two bars--one on the ground floor and one on the roof top are small and intimate. I would highly recommend this hotel. Fantastically located in mid-town! and three blocks from the NYPL and Bryant Park!

2 Thank Mary Elizabeth W
Thank you, Mary Elizabeth W. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Birmingham, Michigan
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I can't say enough good things about the Archer Hotel after staying there in late July. The hotel is well appointed, clean, with a modern style and high-end amenities. The staff is wonderful. When we checked in, Megan asked the reason for our visit and when we mentioned it was for our wedding anniversary we were instantly upgraded to an Empire view room. She also sent a complimentary bottle of champagne to our room. The rooftop bar is chic with great views. While the rooms are smaller in size, the layout makes the best use of the space. The beds are extremely comfortable as well. Great location within the city and will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Empire view rooms on the higher floors are on the small side but very well-appointed.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you, Laur253. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Vermont
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We found this hotel through an online website. This is a new hotel near times square. Rooms are small but really modern, nice and clean. Hotel presents itself as a cool new experience. Great roof top bar.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you, mytr7. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The staff was amazing...people at the roof top bar are beyond cool. Lovely girl at the front desk who helped figure out how to get to my location in the am was totally on point. Restaurant staff stellar.....guy who greeted me at 2 am after a night out in city and was so sweet to give me a bottle of water...he was an angel. I could not stop instagraming (cottontrendy) everything. Goodness, the nespresso machine what a sweet touch...a personal favorite, and the slippers and robes say welcome home everytime. Your towels are so lushes and your beds heavenly. It was an extraordinary experience. Loved seeing the Empire State every night while enjoying a cocktail on your roof top bar. This is where I am staying next time I come to NYC, and have already told my friends from Brazil to do the same. My girlfriends from Texas are all over it, I mean it was magical. Truly, truly magical, people I know from LA are asking about it. Did I mentioned I loved the cupcakes baked by Melissa, what a delicious touch.....I will certainly be ordering from her for all fun special occasions going forward (helps we have the same name, maybe my mother will think I actually bake!) I did not want to leave, wish I could have stayed another 10 days. I loved your menu, and presentation of the food made me feel very giddy! Over all it was magical

2 Thank Melissa D
Thank you, Melissa D. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Loved this hotel.....great service and staff. The were polite and helpful. Hotel being new was very clean. Skybar was a nice treat w. very expensive drinks, but you're paying for the view of the Empire State Building. Will definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you, Geoannet55. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

San Francisco
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recently traveled to New York City (July 15/16/17th) and had the pleasure of staying at the newly opened boutique Archer Hotel. I made our initial reservation through a special on travelzoo but needed to add another night. Evan (you are the best!!!) was so wonderfully accommodating!! He spoke to the manager and got us a great rate for my additional night. We arrived late and much to my surprise in the room was a handwritten note from Evan along with a plate of goodies wishing me a happy birthday! It has been ages since I have experienced true customer service like this! Although the rooms are on the smaller side (which we did not mind) they were tastefully decorated with all the comforts of a 5 star hotel. The bed was so luxuriously comfortable (it is obvious they spent extra on these very very comfortable beds) I slept better than at home! The rooftop open air bar (Spyglass) with the amazing view (especially at night) of the Empire State Building was an unexpected treat. From the hotel staff, housekeeping, restaurant and bar staff this was a 10 out of 10 stay! I highly highly recommend staying at the Archer Hotel and I will look no further when returning to NY!!

Room Tip: If you can afford a little more ask for an Empire State Bldg View!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you, flusk. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.