“Absolutely Amazing!”

Ranked #17 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Dallas, Texas
“Absolutely Amazing!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel was the cherry on top of our trip to NYC!! I surprised my boyfriend for his birthday with tickets to see his hometown team Liverpool FC play in NYC on their USA Tour, as well as stay several nights in the city to do the whole touristy thing. I emailed the sales team at Archer with a quick question after I booked and got a quick response from Jackie, who not only answered my question but inquired about my trip and anything they could do to help. I told her about the birthday surprise and once we showed up to the hotel, we were treated so well! Upon checking in we received two personalized Liverpool hats with our names on them, $10 valid to the hotel bar or restaurant, and an upgraded room with an Empire State Building view! Everything else about the hotel was just as fabulous! The beds were SO comfortable, the entire hotel was very clean (I am super picky about that), the Malin+Goetz shampoo/conditioner/shower gel/moisturizers were awesome (not usually something I would bring up but they smelled SO good), the Nespresso coffee machine in the room was awesome, every night is a turndown service with a sweet little treat and a note from "Archer," and the staff was very friendly from the front desk to the cleaning staff and gave great restaurant recommendations. Not to mention, the location of the hotel was pretty much perfect. I could honestly go on and on. There is definitely a lot of attention to detail at this hotel and the staff really goes the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable! We also dined in the hotel's restaurant by David Burke, fabric - delicious! It's essentially set up to order small plates and share, which I loved. Dessert and cocktails were also right on point. And last but not least, the Spyglass bar on the rooftop of the hotel was so much fun! The view is unbeatable and it was a great vibe! Easy to meet some new people and have a great time. I would highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be coming back. We are very excited they are opening one in Austin too, as it is just a few hour away!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren M
GM_ArcherNY, General Manager at Archer Hotel New York, responded to this review, 4 March 2016
Thank you, Lauren M. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Michele Mangino - GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
kansas city, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is an excellent hotel. I was very pleased with every aspect of my stay. Room was clean. The staff was very helpful. The hotel is quite. It has a great outdoor sitting area at street level. The view from the room was great. Did not have the opportunity to try the restaurant or room service. I plan on making this hotel a regular stop with traveling to NYC

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you, Timothy B. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

wichita, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great new botique hotel in the Garment district with fantastic view of the Empire State building on the rooftop bar. Staff was very friendly and helpful from check in to housekeeping and restaurant/bar. Very comfortable beds. Staff went out of their way to accomodate...bringing extra pillows, taking our wine bottle to be opened then returned to our room, advising on airport services, etc.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you, Jay G. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Chicago, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This new hotel in New York City not only has a hip cool vibe but was also very well run and organized. The staff are extremely knowledgeable and courteous. The out door "patio" between the hotel and the sidewalk is a unique place to hangout and watch the city. Great sky bar on the roof with an amazing view of the Empire State Building.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you, Linda C. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

June 1st stay:
I was lucky enough to stay at Archer Hotel New York just yesterday and I cannot say enough about this place. I pulled up in front of the hotel and used the Valet since I was just staying 1 day. We unloaded my bags, went to check, which was effortless, and I headed up to my room. The room was more than I had imagined. Everything is BRAND NEW and luxurious. I stayed in a Classic King room, which is 180 sq feet - smaller than the average hotel room, but of the highest quality and the lay out works perfectly for the room size. You can store your luggage under your bed or on the red leather bench. The rooms come equipped with a stocked bar and a tray filled with snacks (all for purchase of course) plus a portion of the refrigerator is for your own personal use - great for diabetics needing to store their insulin. They also have N’espresso machines in each of the rooms that come equipped with complimentary espresso and real creamers. The closet is the perfect size and has this adorable tufted face. The windows in the room open, which is almost unheard of when it comes to hotels. I cannot say enough about the bathroom. The bathroom was the perfect size and the tiling was so unique. I like to have a large bathroom when I stay in a hotel and this was definitely a great size for me. The bed felt like a little piece of heaven. The bedding was classic. The outdoor patio on the first level is adorable. Everything about this hotel was perfect. The indoor lobby/lounge area, the bar and the restaurant have a very modern look and feel to them. They also have a roof top bar and lounge with amazing views. If you have the opportunity - check this place out ASAP! The location is right in between 5th & 6th and only a few blocks from Central park and Broadway. I walked everywhere!!

Fast Forward to my 2nd stay at the ARCHER the end of June...Imagine pulling up to a busy hotel in NYC to Valet your car and having the staff recognize you as if you had just been at the hotel the day before. If you plan to stay at the Archer the hotel more than once - the staff will greet you the same way. I have been in the travel industry for 18 years and I have never experienced this level of personalized service at any hotel.

I recently ventured back into the city the end of June for some business and to attend the Archer Hotel grand opening event. While visiting I wanted to try the David Burke Fabrick restaurant and the Buggatti bar and I was able to do both. My room was slightly larger than my first stay at the hotel, but honestly room size doesn't matter too much to me as I'd rather not hang out in my room while in New York City. Like my first review states the beds are heavenly, the furnishings are classic and this time I was able to take advantage of the in room fully stocked N'espresso maker. My AC system was perfect - thanks to 'Yo Joe' - another awesome staff member at the hotel. Without him I am not sure the hotel would survive - literally... he controls the atmosphere at the Archer Hotel and what an atmosphere that is...

If you do not have a chance to stay at the Archer Hotel New York –at least stop by and dine there. The David Burke Fabrick restaurant is amazing for both breakfast and dinner. I was privy to eat breakfast here twice (no lunch for this stay). One day I went the super healthy route with the Egg White Omelet and then the next day I chose the Classic Benedict, which was more than classic - both were delicious. Friday night I decided to eat at the Buggatti bar. I decided to dine on some of the lighter fare - like the Octo-Tacos and then I splurged on dessert – the Yogurt Banana Split. I am still dreaming about fresh berries, brownie chunks, peanut brittle and strawberry sauce. If you are looking for a new hotel on a great street close to EVERYTHING with an amazing staff – then stay at the Archer Hotel New York. Say hi to Ben, Megan and Sean for me.

WAIT - fast forward one more time... yes, I have stayed for the third time - July 27th. I missed some of my favorite people - Yo Joe was not working, but I did get to see Megan, Ben and even Sean. For this stay I got to enjoy lunch and some late night dining. We had a long day and walked almost 9 miles and we were starving around 11pm. Burke in a Box was delivered right to our door and we dined on Margarita Pizza and French Fries like two queens. Once again I had an awesome stay. I cannot recommend any other hotel because I love the staff, the hotel, the restaurant, the bars and the location. Check out the Spyglass Rooftop Bar too... awesome cocktails, bartenders and the best night time view. I LOVE THIS PLACE and I will go back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Kelly L
Thank you, Kellyp18017. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Everything about our recent stay was perfect from beginning to end. The service was wonderful, rooms are quiet and the beds are extremely comfortable. We had a cocktail party on the rooftop and the view and service were fantastic.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you, jenniferb1112014. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

AC that actually works, relatively quiet rooms (some elevator and hall noise but little outside), comfortable beds, very professional staff at all levels, clean and modern rooms (small, but it's Manhattan), fast Internet, great bars downstairs and on the roof, and not too pricey. Can't ask for better in NY!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you, Stuart Mr C. We know it has been a while since you first visited Archer but we wanted to say thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is wonderful to hear many aspects of your first trip were delightful. We hope you will join us for another New York adventure very soon.