“Fabulous food”
Review of Landmark Tavern

Landmark Tavern
Ranked #40 of 870 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Step back in time at this 19th-century tavern located in midtown.
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stumbled upon this place after a morning on the intrepid. Traditional surroundings with a homely feel. Order a fish & chips for myself and the hubby had a wrap, my lunch was delicious and I am sure I was served up a double portion, it was fantastic. My hubby also enjoyed his more than ample wrap and fries. Decent prices, fabulous portions in a friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank prestongirl

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We were in New York for the day, having come up from South Jersey to see a show on Broadway and take the Circle Line half island cruise (which was very good). The guide on the boat recommended the Landmark a short walk from the dock and we're glad he did.

It was shortly after noon but the place was not crowded. The manager was very friendly and showed us to a table immediately. We had a choice between a lunch or a brunch menu and we both chose the latter. Both came with a complimentary mimosa, which was very good. (Coffee was extra if you chose the mimosa, but not expensive, and (according to my wife) very good.) She had the fried eggs, sausage, baked beans and fried tomato while I chose the scrambled eggs with bacon. Both came with fries and both were cooked just right.

The Landmark is on the corner of 11th and West 46th, a short walk from the Intrepid Museum and the Circle Line pier and a nice walk from there over to Broadway.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Stopped by The Landmark after visiting the Intrepid. We had no idea what a wonderful restaurant we had discovered. Cheeseburger was huge and delicious. Beer was frosty cold and the conversation with the bartender was informative and a treat. We'll certainly return.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Stayed in NY last week for the toy show and wandered over the road to the Landmark every night.
Great crowd although small and really nice staff. Michael the owner and Tommy the barman were wonderful. The Corned Beef and Cabbage was to die for.
Recommended for single travellers.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

This historic pub is a New York City treasure. Now that the neighborhood is bouncing back, I would imagine the Landmark won't be a secret much longer. The food is good, the vibe ranges from tourist pub to old man bar to professional hangout depending upon the time and day. It is a great place to visit after touring the Intrepid.

My only suggestion for improvement? A wider variety of beers on tap. The current selection is bland big name beers with a few beers named after the pub but apparently not brewed on site.

The history, vibe and food is worth a visit. If they had a better beer list, this could be a top 25 NYC pub.