“Some of the world's best.”

American Ballet Theatre
Ranked #246 of 1,112 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: The world-renowned American Ballet Theatre presents 19th-century classics (during summer months) at two venues: Metropolitan Opera and City Center.
Kerrville, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Some of the world's best.”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Dancers from throughout the world perform. Sets and music always the best. Choreography by the world's best.

Toronto, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Manon doesn't get better”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Beautiful, effortless performances by all but Julie Kent, Roberto Bolle and Daniil Simkin were spectacular.

1 Thank Helloimamac
Millstone, New Jersey
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“A beautiful venue but a lackluster performance”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was my first ballet, and I was quite pleasantly surprised by the experience. I arrived at the box office right when they opened to claim my $25 student rush tickets (an incredible deal!) for the matinee of Giselle. I was not familiar with the story, but I had heard of the play, and it was the last day of Giselle that season. Walking in for the show, the theater is beautiful - from lighting to decor. However, the performance itself left something to be desired. The choreography and music were beautiful, but the dancers seemed a little stiff or mechanical. I suspected it may just me be, but many of the other patrons echoed my sentiments after the show. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to many more performances at Lincoln Center.

2 Thank Ashley S
Toronto, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“ABT's Manon”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Recently saw Manon by ABT at the Lincoln Center. Can't say I'm a huge fan of Kenneth MacMillan's choreography, but Manon was danced by Polina Semionova who, in my opinion, carried the whole production. She is FANTASTIC! I will see NYCB next time I'm in NYC, or ABT if Polina is dancing.

Definitely worth it if you are a balletomane who enjoys the classics!

1 Thank MoJoTrippin
Montgomery, New Jersey
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Marvelous Productions!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

For years, my friends and I have had spring season tickets to the ABT. I look forward to each series! The Metropolitan Opera House is a magnificent venue! And, our seats are the best - front row mezzanine. The performances are varied and beautifully executed. The settings and the costumes are always detailed and extravagant. And, the orchestra is outstanding! The whole experience is one that all should enjoy!

Visited May 2014