“Rubix Kube Rocked!!”
Review of Canal Room

Canal Room
Ranked #313 of 864 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Celeb hot spot and hip dance club.From concerts and performances, to private parties and corporate events, this is where New York comes to play, pause and unwind.
Boston, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Rubix Kube Rocked!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My friends and I visited to see Rubix Kube, the 80s tribute band. THEY ARE EXCELLENT! Most of the time, if you close your eyes you think the real artists are in front of you. And they do a lot of different bands! The costume changes are great too!

As for the venue, it was OK. The name is true, it is one room. It is not the biggest, or most elaborate club I have ever been to. The bathroom area is tremendously well-run and clean. The drinks were good, but somewhat expensive. I guess that is to be expected in NYC. There are a couple of 24-hr food places across the street that are a great find after a night of drinking and dancing.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank MollySheridan75

New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“80's Night”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

If you want to relieve the heydays of the 80's come to the Canal Roomo when Rubix Cube plays. Me and my friends had a fantastic time dancing and singing to Madonna, Rick Springfield, Bangles - we had such a blast. Kick off your shoes and hang out at this fun place!

Visited October 2011
3 Thank kookybanana
Brooklyn
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best Nightclub/Live Performance Venue in the City!!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2007

I recently attended a concert at the Canal Room. I had expected it to be a snotty place - but was going to see a friend. To my surprise and delight - the staff was so friendly, courteous and might I add "eye candy". Even the doorman was a sweetheart - big man (could've been scary), but he was just a big teddy bear. It's rare in this type of industry to meet the owners and see them enjoying themselves at their own spot- Marcus Linial was such a down to earth person and was dancing up a storm with other attendees - and yes, he has rhythm! He was even kind enough to buy me and my 5 friends a round of drinks. I absolutely loved the set up - classy and sophisticated - but not stuffy. The decor was tasteful and modern. The Canal Room is set up as a lounge-like atmosphere, but not dingy and musky, like a lot of live event venues, I've been to. It seems they have a lot of Tribute bands performing - I know I don't mind paying $20-$25 to walk in almost any night and see and feel the energy of my favorite bands! I didn't know that they had a lot of corporate events at this place -but, it seems they are big on Holiday parties. I am definitely going to recommend having my company hold our next event at the Canal Room. The place looked immaculate, even with sunlight!! I highly recommend a visit to the Canal Room - you can see their events on [--] - I know I've saved it as one of my favorites!!

2 Thank Hhumphrey95