“The Best Nightclub/Live Performance Venue in the City!!!”
Review of Canal Room

Canal Room
Ranked #313 of 862 Nightlife in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Celeb hot spot and hip dance club.From concerts and performances, to private parties and corporate events, this is where New York comes to play, pause and unwind.
Brooklyn
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Best Nightclub/Live Performance Venue in the City!!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2007

I recently attended a concert at the Canal Room. I had expected it to be a snotty place - but was going to see a friend. To my surprise and delight - the staff was so friendly, courteous and might I add "eye candy". Even the doorman was a sweetheart - big man (could've been scary), but he was just a big teddy bear. It's rare in this type of industry to meet the owners and see them enjoying themselves at their own spot- Marcus Linial was such a down to earth person and was dancing up a storm with other attendees - and yes, he has rhythm! He was even kind enough to buy me and my 5 friends a round of drinks. I absolutely loved the set up - classy and sophisticated - but not stuffy. The decor was tasteful and modern. The Canal Room is set up as a lounge-like atmosphere, but not dingy and musky, like a lot of live event venues, I've been to. It seems they have a lot of Tribute bands performing - I know I don't mind paying $20-$25 to walk in almost any night and see and feel the energy of my favorite bands! I didn't know that they had a lot of corporate events at this place -but, it seems they are big on Holiday parties. I am definitely going to recommend having my company hold our next event at the Canal Room. The place looked immaculate, even with sunlight!! I highly recommend a visit to the Canal Room - you can see their events on [--] - I know I've saved it as one of my favorites!!

2 Thank Hhumphrey95