“interesting films”

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“interesting films”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

we live in a small town so when we come to nyc we want to do things we cannot do there. Theatre , opera and other live arts are of course wonderful. But there is also a world of non hollywood film . This is a good place to find such films. Another such venue is the IFC. We always manage to find something worthwhile to see in these places. A plus is the cost..........far less expensive than many of the live art options.

Visited January 2014

New Jersey
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Wonderful destination”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I cannot believe that we have not visited this wonderful venue before. If you enjoy independent and art films, this destination is for you. Wonderful theaters and small attached restaurant. We will be back.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank nancym1010
Charleston, South Carolina
603 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 569 helpful votes
“My home for that quintessential film-watching experience”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

With its complex of excellent screening theaters in Walter Reade and Elinor Bunin Monroe Theaters, which grows to include Alice Tully Hall for the annual NY Film Festival, and recently included a partnership at the Museum of Modern Art for its New Directions series, the Film Society of Lincoln Center has to be one of the centers for film not just in NYC, but in the country. There is nothing like attending screenings of the Film Festival every fall and feeling how you are at the center of the film universe. But any time I come, I feel very fortunate and am happy to get my film fix at Lincoln Center.

Visited March 2013
upstate, SC
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic place to see films”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

So clean and chic! Great snack bar. Awesome art films. I loved this place. I saw two movies there two days in a row. GO GO GO

Visited July 2012
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“War Horses was Amazing”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

If you have not seen War Horses I recommend you find some time a good friend and enjoy the show. No matter where you sit in the theatre you will be captivated by the amazing work performed.

My eyes were balling and my heart was palpitating. This is the type of show that any age would love. I cannot wait until it comes out in theatre this Christmas.

Visited November 2011