“Hip Hop Ya Don't Stop”

Hush Hip Hop Tours
Ranked #76 of 659 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The original Hip-Hop sightseeing experience access. Roll with us through the sites where Hip-Hop was born, and the forgotten spots that continue to bring NYC its vibrant culture. Our tours are the best way for art and music lovers to experience sights, sounds and stories you won’t forget. Kick it with us and you won’t be disappointed. We’re all about preserving the roots of hip hop culture, and that means sharing it with the world – and with people like you. For over a decade, we've lead in providing authentic insight into New York City and its impact on musical innovation. New York City is the undisputed Birthplace of Hip Hop culture and our tour guides are the originators! Let us show you the city’s hidden gems through the hip-hop lens.
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Having been born in 1973 and growing up in the 80's where I cut my teeth on Rap music and becoming a DJ going on to support the likes of Ice T and Melle Melle. I can safely say that the History Of Hip Hop tour was truly inspirational and a very special day which made my trip to New York all the more worthwhile even though I was over to run the New York marathon. The one and only Grandmaster ( Casanova Fly ) Caz is without a shadow of a doubt a true Rap legend and brings the history of Hip Hop to life in what in what is a highly informative most enjoyable 4 hours which I would highly recommend to even the non-Rap fans amongst us.

Walking onto Hush Tour bus at the start of the tour with Alicia Keys Empire State Of Mind blasting out sets the tone for what is a walk through time as we visited all the Hip Hop hot spots from yesteryear. The interactive aspect of the tour especially the Breakin part creates such a feel good vibe on the day. Having had a chat with Caz at the end of the tour it sounds like there are other ideas to expand things including bringing DJ’s and graffiti artists in which can only further what is already an amazing experience.

Hip Hop is many things to many people in life and having this unique tour of places like the Bronx and Harlem means that the roots, culture and of course the history of the scene lives on. As Caz pointed out at the start of the tour the large majority of people who visit the city do all the usual stuff like visiting the statue of liberty, time square which of course you can do. But if you’re looking for something different to do in New York then this is it - You will not be disappointed trust me!

Massive respect to the great Grandmaster Caz for all the hard work you have and continue to put into Hip Hop. I’ll never listen to Rappers Delight the same way again. Special shout out also to everybody behind the scenes at Hush Tours for bringing the history of Hip Hop to life and giving us such a memorable day.

Yours Mixingly

DJ KID – Scotland

www.facebook.com/DJKIDOFFICIALFANPAGE

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
HushHipHopTours, Director of Sales at Hush Hip Hop Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

DJKid,

Thank you for such a great response! We really appreciate your stamp of approval as you are a true member of the international hip-hop community. So happy you were able to enjoy all the aspects of the tour, and when you return we will have added many components and features to continue to tell the real story.

All reviews
"early days"
in 9 reviews
"back in the day"
in 9 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I learned a lot of HIP HOP and befote Ididn't know anything about the music, now I love it.

THANKS SO MUCH

Marcella D,

Appreciate the love from Belgium! We always love to teach the story of hip-hop no matter how much you know before you get on the bus, you will definitely get off as an expert!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

What a great tour! I don't know much about hip-hop (I thought) but since I've been in NYC serveral times before and done a lot of things it was time for something different.... And yes this was!
Really so much fun, and even though I was on my own and it was kind of interactive you will get familiar with the other people and you will defunately have a lot of fun.
Good information, interesting sights and some points you get off the buss to take photos or get a demo.
This is not like any other tour in NYC, I did not even know there was a walk of fame in The Bronx.... Really what a great day and tour to do on my last day in NYC!
Only thing that was a shame was that I asked a question via email that was not answered, so that might be something to work on.... Better to call if you need to reach them....

Sieradenparadijs,

Although you may have thought you didn't know Hip-Hop, after that Hush Tours experience you are quite the expert! We apologize for not answering your question via email and appreciate all tips to help us improve the quality of our product and services.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Really interesting sights, a fun day in general just felt rushed to get every thing in, when it comes to hiphop knowledge I'm a sponge.

HushHipHopTours, Director of Sales at Hush Hip Hop Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Charlie H,

We definitely appreciate your review and hope you enjoyed the tour. We take all suggestions into serious consideration and are constantly looking for ways to improve the Hush brand. Hopefully your next tour won't feel at all rushed!