Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Marmara Manhattan(New York City)
  • Fitness centre
The Franklin(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Third Ave House(New York City)
View Hotel
Hotel Wales(New York City)
The Mark(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Surrey(New York City)
View Hotel
Bristol Plaza(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Fitness centre
All reviewssinai hospitalcourtyard marriottfront desknew yorkcentral parknice hotelfridge and microwavequiet locationminute walkfew blockssubway stationfree coffeeby nyc standardsfitness centerking bedaround the cornernyc hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This visit was my second time at the hotel.I live in California and my daughter lives in New York. The way I found the hotel was through Mount Sinai Manhattan hospital. My daughter was a patient and the hospital recommended this hotel as they offer patients families discounts. I could not have been happier. The hotel has the two nicest staff members, Edson and Oly. I would stay at the hospital all day and get back to the hotel late at night. Oly would give me suggestions and directions on where to go for food and drugstore items. Edson always greeted me with a smile and took a real interest in my daughters health. That was in March 2014. I was back again last week for 7 days both Edson and Oly remembered me. They asked about me and my daughter and once again took care of anything I needed. They are both truly outstanding employees and people. In a time of crisis it was so great to have their kindness. The hotel is very clean. I have never written a review for a hotel before but I will always stay here when I am in New York and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Robert R, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Stacie W,
Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us here at the Courtyard. I am happy to hear that you have received great customer service. I will be passing this information on to my staff. I also would like to have you come stay with us again when you are in New York City.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Average Courtyard on Upper East side. Good location to walk to restaurants.
Rooms are very small, especially the King size. Found dirt on the sheets but it was 1am and didn't want to deal with getting them changed. Coffee maker (but terrible coffee), fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank weezie O

Dear weezie O,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to this housekeeping issue that you have recently received. I will be discussing this issue with the housekeeping department. I assure you that your housekeeping issue is not consistent with what you should expect when visiting a Marriott Hotel. I hope that you do return to our hotel and see the positive change that has happened as a result of your feedback.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This was a good way to ease into a city stay. We had previously always stayed in Newark and rode in. This time we opted to stay in the upper east side. The hotel was very reliable in quality as every courtyard by Marriott I have stayed in. Room was a good size for my family of four and plenty of restaurants nearby in this residential area. Central park is about a mile walk and the subway about half a mile.
We very much enjoyed the bagel shop most mornings 4 or 5 blocks to the south. La mansion restaurant was also very good and only a few blocks away. It is relatively calm in thus area since it is away from the tourist area and this fact made our stay much nicer since we could relax after exploring the city.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Seth T

Dear Seth T,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your first stay in NYC. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to having you come back for a future visit while in New York City.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I made my second stay here while in town for a Yankee game on a Sunday afternoon. The hotel held our bags while we were at the game. The hotel is only about 15 minutes by 4 train from Yankee Stadium. The hotel had previously been affiliated with a garage practically across the street but now validates for a garage that is 2.5 blocks back 92nd St street between 2nd & 3rd Ave's after unloading the car (the hotel does have a off street unloading area) you must circle all the way back to 3rd to park your car,t eh cost with the validation was $25 for 25 hours. I should mention the hotel does offer valet service. The hotel also only has two elevators and runs very slowly when the hotel is busy as it was. The only ice machine is located in the basement which is a nuisance for a late-night ice run, i realize in Manhattan there is not room for a ice machine on every floor but another alternate location would be appreciated. The bed was comfortable and would have made for a good nights sleep had the fitted sheet not repeatedly slipped off with the slightest movement. Despite these minor issues my stay was a pleasant one and I will stay here again in the future, as the hotel is easy to reach by car and is away from the hustle of Midtown.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear mrc209,
I am happy to hear that you have returned to the Courtyard for a second stay. Thank you for your feedback and all of us here at Courtyard are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The room and everything was good. Good location, front desk staff helpful and clean, close to 86 bus that takes you to nearest subway stop.
I booked this hotel stay online through Expedia. I paid in advance. At check out, no charges were shown on my bill but after checking my credit card statement afterward, I noticed a charge from the hotel, for close to $600. When I called and asked what the charge was for, they said it was their mistake and would refund the charge back. They refunded the charge partially. When I called again and told them I didn't get it back in full, they said it was not their problem as this was due to the exchange rate. After several days of calling their accounting department and leaving multiple voicemails for the manager Eric, I got no response. I eventually got hold of a lady named Janice and explained the situation to her. Again she said they did what they were supposed to do and refunded the difference. I again explained to them that I am now losing money after paying in advance and THEIR error. She finally refunded the difference and now I'm only short a few cents. They did not have an issue with the mistaken charge but they seemed to have a very hard time refunding that money.

Although the stay was good, no issues and good location, I am hesitant to stay at this location again and am wary of the franchise at this point.

Room Tip: Face south as the north side faces a building that had a block party all day. The south side faces quieter residential areas. Double check to ensure they did not charge you twice
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert R, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Keith P,
Thank you for the feedback with this customer service issue that you have recently received. I assure you that your customer service issue is not consistent with what you should expect when visiting a Marriott Hotel. I hope that you do return to our hotel and see the positive change that has happened as a result of your feedback.