“Great Location”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side
Ranked #296 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 15 August 2014

All staff were friendly and helpful. From the maintenance staff we met on the elevator to front desk. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Bus Stop at the end of the block made it easy to get anywhere with the Metro card. Banks near by for ATM, corner store for snacks, drinks, and those little things you might have forgot at home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Robert R, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Gloria S,
Thank you for your great feedback. I am sure that future guest will appreciate all of your recommendations. Looking forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I loved the staff all very friendly and helpful .... they directed us to great food locations, fun bars & nice view areas. when i needed extra towels they brought them right up. room was always clean and fresh when we returned from a long day!!! i'd say excellent service! I was very happy!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Esme C

Dear Esme C,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your first stay in NYC. I hope you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to having you come back for a future visit while in New York City.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very friendly staff. Room size was just right. Having a fridge and a microwave was awesome. Pool and gym were great. Quiet ish area. Far enough from lower part of Manhattan to be affordable, but still close enough that things are walking distance away. Fast wifi. Good shower pressure. Very glad we stayed here. Only complaint is that there pillows were small.

Room Tip: Bought this room through hotels.com at a discount price. Don't walk North at night - heard it i...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Robert R, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Jojo581,
I am very happy to read that you had the refreshing and relaxing experience that is expected when staying at a Courtyard by Marriott. I hope that if your travel plans bring you back to NYC you choose us again.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

This visit was my second time at the hotel.I live in California and my daughter lives in New York. The way I found the hotel was through Mount Sinai Manhattan hospital. My daughter was a patient and the hospital recommended this hotel as they offer patients families discounts. I could not have been happier. The hotel has the two nicest staff members, Edson and Oly. I would stay at the hospital all day and get back to the hotel late at night. Oly would give me suggestions and directions on where to go for food and drugstore items. Edson always greeted me with a smile and took a real interest in my daughters health. That was in March 2014. I was back again last week for 7 days both Edson and Oly remembered me. They asked about me and my daughter and once again took care of anything I needed. They are both truly outstanding employees and people. In a time of crisis it was so great to have their kindness. The hotel is very clean. I have never written a review for a hotel before but I will always stay here when I am in New York and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Stacie W,
Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us here at the Courtyard. I am happy to hear that you have received great customer service. I will be passing this information on to my staff. I also would like to have you come stay with us again when you are in New York City.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Average Courtyard on Upper East side. Good location to walk to restaurants.
Rooms are very small, especially the King size. Found dirt on the sheets but it was 1am and didn't want to deal with getting them changed. Coffee maker (but terrible coffee), fridge and microwave in the room.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank weezie O

Dear weezie O,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to this housekeeping issue that you have recently received. I will be discussing this issue with the housekeeping department. I assure you that your housekeeping issue is not consistent with what you should expect when visiting a Marriott Hotel. I hope that you do return to our hotel and see the positive change that has happened as a result of your feedback.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This was a good way to ease into a city stay. We had previously always stayed in Newark and rode in. This time we opted to stay in the upper east side. The hotel was very reliable in quality as every courtyard by Marriott I have stayed in. Room was a good size for my family of four and plenty of restaurants nearby in this residential area. Central park is about a mile walk and the subway about half a mile.
We very much enjoyed the bagel shop most mornings 4 or 5 blocks to the south. La mansion restaurant was also very good and only a few blocks away. It is relatively calm in thus area since it is away from the tourist area and this fact made our stay much nicer since we could relax after exploring the city.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Seth T

Dear Seth T,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your first stay in NYC. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to having you come back for a future visit while in New York City.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I made my second stay here while in town for a Yankee game on a Sunday afternoon. The hotel held our bags while we were at the game. The hotel is only about 15 minutes by 4 train from Yankee Stadium. The hotel had previously been affiliated with a garage practically across the street but now validates for a garage that is 2.5 blocks back 92nd St street between 2nd & 3rd Ave's after unloading the car (the hotel does have a off street unloading area) you must circle all the way back to 3rd to park your car,t eh cost with the validation was $25 for 25 hours. I should mention the hotel does offer valet service. The hotel also only has two elevators and runs very slowly when the hotel is busy as it was. The only ice machine is located in the basement which is a nuisance for a late-night ice run, i realize in Manhattan there is not room for a ice machine on every floor but another alternate location would be appreciated. The bed was comfortable and would have made for a good nights sleep had the fitted sheet not repeatedly slipped off with the slightest movement. Despite these minor issues my stay was a pleasant one and I will stay here again in the future, as the hotel is easy to reach by car and is away from the hustle of Midtown.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear mrc209,
I am happy to hear that you have returned to the Courtyard for a second stay. Thank you for your feedback and all of us here at Courtyard are looking forward to seeing you soon.