“Nice Hotel, Perfect Location Uptown.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side
Ranked #280 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Meriden, Connecticut
“Nice Hotel, Perfect Location Uptown.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Nice, clean hotel. We arrived before check in, but were able to get into our room. We had a room with two comfortable queen beds. It was a good size, with a mini fridge and microwave. The only con. was the AC did not work very well. We had it set to the lowest setting and it was not very cool. The staff was very friendly. We will stay in this hotel again when visiting in NYC.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jlkkshic
Robert R, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear jlkkshic,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. I will pass on your feedback with my Engineering department about your issues with the AC Unit. I do apologize for the situation that you have experienced. Please come visit us again soon when your travels bring you back to New York City.
Thanks you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed there from Tuesday to Friday. First time in New York City as well. The first night we go there at 1am and they only had one king bed room so the next day we were told we could switch. We changed rooms, 2 hours went by and I realized I forgot a shopping bag of brand new clothes I had bought on the ride for the trip and my husband put it next to the chair in the other room. I went right down stairs and the manger checked the room and this is after the MAID had cleaned it after we switched. They searched the hotel and it just so happens the maid had the rest of the week off and wouldn't be returning. I then had to purchase more clothes at a much greater cost since we were in New York. To say the least we will not be staying at this hotel again and did not get to have the luxury of maid service the rest of the stay due to already having expensive clothes stollen from us.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Bridgey5582,
Thank you for the feedback. All lost and found items are thoroughly investigating into and out of guest rooms. Unfortunately we were not able to locate your items that you left in the room and this we regret.
Marseille
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

The view is a real plus. The location is a few blocks away from the subway but is great in terms of bar, restaurant and deli.
The staff is pleasant especially the floor staff and the luggage guys.
Swimming pool on the lower level.

Overall à good deal.

Room Tip: There are 16 floors. Thé higher the better!
Green Features: We chose to hang our towels in the bathroom to let them dry and use them again. Good thing they were still there in the evening but had been folded so they were not quite dry.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank monsoonfamily
Dear monsoonfamily,
Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Courtyard By Marriott Upper East Side. I hope you come and visit us again soon if your travels bring you back to New York City.
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

great hotel in and out.. i usually stay at time square have stayed here before but the new lobby and room renovations look amazing! came to the city with my family and Jose at the front desk checked me in. that guy is very professional, knowledgeable of the city and friendly. He upgraded us to a suite to have some privacy with the kids... All you need is a bistro like all other courtyards ive stayed in... but will definitely return, my new place to stay even on business trips. Thanks Jose for an amazing experience,,

Room Tip: ask for upgrade if available they are always willing to help!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stormz2000
Dear Stormz2000,
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the great feedback about Jose; he is a true asset to our team. I have already shared your kind words with everyone at the hotel. We are currently looking into adding a Bistro which will have a food option in the hotel.
Wallingford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We booked this hotel to be close to Mt. Sinai hospital. My husband was scheduled to have surgery Friday a:m so we booked Thurs. night to be able to easily access the hospital the following morning. My husband came home from work on Weds. night with 101 degree fever. The cancellation policy is generous at 24 hours but here we were with a decision to make not knowing if surgery could now take place. I called reservations who transferred me to Customer Care. The gal in C.C. was wonderful but could not over-rule the policy of the hotel without going to upper management. She very quickly did this and got back to me with a kindness very rare in the corporate world these days. We were told not to worry at all and were given the direct telephone number and e-mail address of the director of sales and marketing who would personally take care of cancellation if needed. This hotel gets a 5 without us even putting our feet in the door!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Trudy G,
I hope that your husband is feeling better. I am happy to hear that Marriott customer care assisted you with the cancellation. I hope to see you stay with us in the future if your travels bring you back to New York City.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have to say this is one of the best places we've stayed at when it comes to cleanliness and service. All the staff were very helpful especially Wayne, Always welcomed us with a smile when we came in at night. Price was very good and it's only a 10min walk to the station. Lots of options for food around and delivery options. Definitely need to check it out, highly reccomend.

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Rootless-Wonderer,Thank you for your kind words from your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed our property with our great customer service. I am sure our future guests will appreciate your recommendation.
Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

My family and I had to best time! The hotel staff was very polite and professional. If we needed something like a taxi, the staff was on top of it. The rooms were so clean and the other facilities available to us was easy to get to.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor. The view is amazing
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jaime C
Dear Jaime C
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your first stay in NYC. I am happy that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us. I am looking forward to having you visit us again soon for a future visit while New York City.