“Perfect Location, Helpful Staff, Comfortable rooms, Great Facilities”

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side
Ranked #275 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“Perfect Location, Helpful Staff, Comfortable rooms, Great Facilities”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is fantastic; the staff were are very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and comfortable. The pool and gym were very nice additions to the other amenities. The location is great, not much of a walk to Central Park, and only a fair walk into the centre of the city for attractions.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank SmadamsKiwi
Robert R, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear SmadamsKiwi,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed our wonderful amenities that our hotel as to offer. I am looking forward to seeing you stay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Twice a year, we have a conference event and use the Courtyard Marriott Upper East Side for guest sleeping rooms. Service is great and Nathan Savalza is especially a joy to work with. He’s SUPER efficient and goes above and beyond to make sure all of our needs are met. In the weeks leading up to our conference, Nathan and I go back and forth with emails updating our guest room list and he is always so quick to respond. Our rooming lists are usually so complicated (with us charging some rooms to a master account, other rooms self-paid by the guest, and the remaining rooms a combination of master and self-pay), but Nathan always gets it right. The hotel also provides brochures about things in the neighborhood for our guests, maps of NYC, and are very accommodating – they allow us to have a table in the lobby to welcome our guests upon arrival.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Kathleen C
Dear Kathleen C,
Thank you for your great feedback. Nathan is a great asset to our property and I will share this great feedback with my staff. Looking forward to having you stay with us again soon
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I have stayed at this location a number of times over the past 5 years. The front desk staff has been amazing everytime I stay. They are friendly and efficient. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Shannon, at the front desk, has been especially hospitable everytime I have stayed at this location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sherri F
Robert R, General Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Upper East Side, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Sherri F,
Thank you for your kind words from your multiple stays with us. I have passed on this review and shared it with my staff. I am looking forward to seeing you stay with us again soon.
Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Nice, clean hotel. We arrived before check in, but were able to get into our room. We had a room with two comfortable queen beds. It was a good size, with a mini fridge and microwave. The only con. was the AC did not work very well. We had it set to the lowest setting and it was not very cool. The staff was very friendly. We will stay in this hotel again when visiting in NYC.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jlkkshic
Dear jlkkshic,
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. I will pass on your feedback with my Engineering department about your issues with the AC Unit. I do apologize for the situation that you have experienced. Please come visit us again soon when your travels bring you back to New York City.
Thanks you
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed there from Tuesday to Friday. First time in New York City as well. The first night we go there at 1am and they only had one king bed room so the next day we were told we could switch. We changed rooms, 2 hours went by and I realized I forgot a shopping bag of brand new clothes I had bought on the ride for the trip and my husband put it next to the chair in the other room. I went right down stairs and the manger checked the room and this is after the MAID had cleaned it after we switched. They searched the hotel and it just so happens the maid had the rest of the week off and wouldn't be returning. I then had to purchase more clothes at a much greater cost since we were in New York. To say the least we will not be staying at this hotel again and did not get to have the luxury of maid service the rest of the stay due to already having expensive clothes stollen from us.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Bridgey5582,
Thank you for the feedback. All lost and found items are thoroughly investigating into and out of guest rooms. Unfortunately we were not able to locate your items that you left in the room and this we regret.
Marseille
Reviewed 23 August 2014

The view is a real plus. The location is a few blocks away from the subway but is great in terms of bar, restaurant and deli.
The staff is pleasant especially the floor staff and the luggage guys.
Swimming pool on the lower level.

Overall à good deal.

Room Tip: There are 16 floors. Thé higher the better!
Green Features: We chose to hang our towels in the bathroom to let them dry and use them again. Good thing they were still there in the evening but had been folded so they were not quite dry.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank monsoonfamily
Dear monsoonfamily,
Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Courtyard By Marriott Upper East Side. I hope you come and visit us again soon if your travels bring you back to New York City.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 August 2014

great hotel in and out.. i usually stay at time square have stayed here before but the new lobby and room renovations look amazing! came to the city with my family and Jose at the front desk checked me in. that guy is very professional, knowledgeable of the city and friendly. He upgraded us to a suite to have some privacy with the kids... All you need is a bistro like all other courtyards ive stayed in... but will definitely return, my new place to stay even on business trips. Thanks Jose for an amazing experience,,

Room Tip: ask for upgrade if available they are always willing to help!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stormz2000
Dear Stormz2000,
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the great feedback about Jose; he is a true asset to our team. I have already shared your kind words with everyone at the hotel. We are currently looking into adding a Bistro which will have a food option in the hotel.