“ISU bar for NCAA's”

Neighbourhood: Midtown
Bristow, Virginia, United States
“ISU bar for NCAA's”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Great visit to Foleys, two Irish lady bartenders during the day were great, then two guys came in and were just as good! Awesome time and a redo!

Plainfield, Illinois
“Great food slow service”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I had a burger and fries. It was very good, but our waitress forgot about us. I could have used a couple of refills in my cup full of ice(with a small amount of pop). We had to flag down our server to get the check. I won't return because the service was so slow.

Visited March 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Worth a look!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

There's something about Foley's I cannot quite put my finger on. Maybe it's the incredible collection of baseball memorablia ( a sport which 99.9% of Irish people know nothing about) which distracted me. It does have the relevant components which to make you feel as if you're in a pub in rural Ireland and I should have enjoyed it a lot more than I did, but it just didn't connect with me.

The drinks were favourably priced and for the life of me I cannot understand why i didn't enjoy Foley's more that I did, it's wasn't bad by the way, just an unusual experience for me.

Definitely worth a visit, especially if you like your baseball.

• Visited March 2014
Chicago
“Seriously worth a stop”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The memorabilia collection is the best you'll find outside of Cooperstown. Fascinating. Bartender (John) talked up all the patrons and knew the beers very well. Seriously, a good job at making people feel welcome. Not afraid to offer an opinion either. (I hate the "well, it depends on what you like" responses). Extensive craft beer selection...and flights! Decent prices for NYC. Only hiccup was the food was good pub food, but mostly what you expect. A few more interesting choices would have been nice. I would go back.

• Visited March 2014
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Try the Irish Burger”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I visit every year from the Tampa area. Love the location and feel of this place. Nothing better than a Sean Caseys Irish Burger amd an Ice Cold Magners.One of the managers (Mike) used to live near me, friendly guy to talk to, if you see him give him a GO GATORS!

Visited September 2013