Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Big, Expensive Liquor Store. Wide Selection.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

from US$37.00
from US$54.95
from US$66.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Sherry Lehman has been around for decades as a NY destination for wines and spirits. The store is large, often busy and the carry a vast selection of wines, whisky and alcoholic beverages.

The windows are usually a sight to behold; as creative as Bloomingdales with a smaller space.

This shop prides itself on first-rate customer service. The sales staff is helpful and the packaging is always outstanding.

Just be aware that retail prices here are notably higher than other liquor stores. This is probably due to the Park Ave location and the high-end brands that they carry.

If you are a Kosher traveler like me, please note that there is a section of Kosher wines. Just ask a sales rep to point you in the right direction.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

The store manager lied to me and the rest of them pretended that they don't have my order. In fact they asked me if I placed an order with another store. But they overbooked and they just did not have my wine. For 1 hour they were not honest about it. Their poor lying strategies were so obvious, I will never visit that dishonest place again.Just imagine what they can do with wines, if they lie so easily. At the end, I had no gifts for Christmas and I did not get any apology.My money was returned after i wasted so much time with them. Avoid that store and those slick liars.

2  Thank jwinter566
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

There are many excellent wine stores in New York City, and it is possible to find virtually anything here if you're willing to pay the price.

I enjoy shopping in this store from time to time, partly to speak with the very knowledgeable staff and partly to glance through their catalog of rare and unusual wines.

Hint: ask the staff member a good every day wine at a price point comfortable for you, say $15. You may be surprised at the quality of the recommendations.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

After several very frustrating attempts to buy champagne to be delivered to a hotel in NY (I'm in the UK) I found Sherry-Lehman, saw some good reviews and gave them a shot. My choice of champagne was not in stock, and I was up against the clock as I wanted this delivered on my daughter's wedding day just hours away. However, within minutes a very helpful member of staff had made a recommendation, and emailed confirmation of my purchase and delivery request. The champagne arrived in good time and was very very good......or so I'm told! Similar places in NY should take note - Sherry-Lehman therefore stands out from the crowd.

3  Thank mmmmargot
Reviewed 3 March 2015

I was always a little apprehensive about shopping here, given it's brand cache and location, but the selection was amazing (I saw bottles from $8 to $8000) and the service was friendly - stayed back while I browsed, and the helped in the clutch. Truly a pleasure to shop from people who really know what they're talking about, and the best part is their prices are just as good or better than I've found elsewhere. Recommended

2  Thank john w
Reviewed 6 January 2015

I made a real effort to get to this store to buy wine for a special occasion. What a mistake.
I am still hopeful that the wine I chose will be good, but I found the service extremely poor.
It is hard to imagine a good shop where the staff could be less helpful or more bored.
Next time, I will stick with my local merchant. Why travel to be ignored? I write in the hope
that the owners will restore the excellence of their staff.

Reviewed 23 September 2014

I received the recommendation from a Brazilian acquaintance. I experienced both to purchase trough the web, and complemented it by buying at the premises. Both ways were satisfying.
Of course I did not have time to explore all the possibilities , but the sample was encouraging. I had no problems with shipping. If you are a foreigner, the best way to go about it, is to ship your wines to a New Yorker friend and collect them when you call in.
I wished I could have more space and money !

Reviewed 31 May 2013

live in New Jersey and have ordered many times from Sherry Lehman. On this occasion I wanted to order wine over the $250 minimum for free shipping. When I went to the site I saw that under shipping promotions there was an indication "Free Shipping Anywhere". However when I tried to place the order a hefty shipping charge occurred. I called the store and was told that there was not currently free shipping to New Jersey and that they would not honor the promotion that was indicated on their site. Needless to say I did not place the order and am very disappointed that they would treat a loyal customer that way. I was also not "permitted" to speak to a manager. Although their wine selection is tremendous, as a customer I do not need to be treated that way and will in the future take my business elsewhere. So bottom line... beware of what the website says and shame their customer service has deteriorated so much.

3  Thank bunnjac
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Equally powerful as an in-store, web, or phone order resource via mailed catalogs, Sherry-Lehman is the kind of store that wine lovers dream of owning. Very high end retail store with excellent service and attention to detail, you can walk in with a dream and walk out with a Jerobaum of classic cru, or a single bottle at a great value from an Unsung Hero category. If you are a wine lover and don't know Sherry-Lehman, you owe it to yourself to check them out.

2  Thank YaleDad