Open today: 09:00 - 19:00
Review Highlights
Big, Expensive Liquor Store. Wide Selection.

Sherry Lehman has been around for decades as a NY destination for wines and spirits. The store is... read more

Reviewed 29 August 2018

from US$37.00
from US$54.95
from US$66.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

There are many excellent wine stores in New York City, and it is possible to find virtually anything here if you're willing to pay the price.

I enjoy shopping in this store from time to time, partly to speak with the very knowledgeable staff and partly to glance through their catalog of rare and unusual wines.

Hint: ask the staff member a good every day wine at a price point comfortable for you, say $15. You may be surprised at the quality of the recommendations.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 14 September 2015

After several very frustrating attempts to buy champagne to be delivered to a hotel in NY (I'm in the UK) I found Sherry-Lehman, saw some good reviews and gave them a shot. My choice of champagne was not in stock, and I was up against the clock as I wanted this delivered on my daughter's wedding day just hours away. However, within minutes a very helpful member of staff had made a recommendation, and emailed confirmation of my purchase and delivery request. The champagne arrived in good time and was very very good......or so I'm told! Similar places in NY should take note - Sherry-Lehman therefore stands out from the crowd.

Date of experience: August 2015
3  Thank mmmmargot
Reviewed 3 March 2015

I was always a little apprehensive about shopping here, given it's brand cache and location, but the selection was amazing (I saw bottles from $8 to $8000) and the service was friendly - stayed back while I browsed, and the helped in the clutch. Truly a pleasure to shop from people who really know what they're talking about, and the best part is their prices are just as good or better than I've found elsewhere. Recommended

Date of experience: February 2015
2  Thank 177johnw
Reviewed 6 January 2015

I made a real effort to get to this store to buy wine for a special occasion. What a mistake.
I am still hopeful that the wine I chose will be good, but I found the service extremely poor.
It is hard to imagine a good shop where the staff could be less helpful or more bored.
Next time, I will stick with my local merchant. Why travel to be ignored? I write in the hope
that the owners will restore the excellence of their staff.

Date of experience: January 2015
Reviewed 23 September 2014

I received the recommendation from a Brazilian acquaintance. I experienced both to purchase trough the web, and complemented it by buying at the premises. Both ways were satisfying.
Of course I did not have time to explore all the possibilities , but the sample was encouraging. I had no problems with shipping. If you are a foreigner, the best way to go about it, is to ship your wines to a New Yorker friend and collect them when you call in.
I wished I could have more space and money !

Date of experience: September 2014