“Do you have the Time?”

Tourneau TimeMachine
Ranked #502 of 824 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Tourneau is the preeminent purveyor of fine timepieces, striving to deliver a first class customer experience. As the largest authorized watch retailer in the United States, Tourneau offers an unmatched selection of styles from nearly 100 brands, the largest certified pre-owned watch collection, and expert service & repairs. The Tourneau TimeMachine on 57th Street and Madison Avenue is the flagship location.
Durham,CT
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Do you have the Time?”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Tourneau is the place to go to see watches you have read about and now you get to see the "real" thing. one can see watches the a pieces of Art. A must !

Visited June 2012
3 Thank fred5710

New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The don't honor warranties”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I bought a Michelle watch for my wife here a little over two years ago. I could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else, but the saleswoman went on and on about their excellent warranty policy and on-site servicing. So I buy the watch. BIG MISTAKE!!!

Fast forward, watch stops working. It's past the two year manufacturing warranty, but well within the three year Tourneau warranty. I bring the watch in, but they say there is water damage and the warranty is void. While it did not cost that much to fix (circa $130), I was still pretty irritated and spoke to the manager about it. They were responsive on the calls, but they did not budge. Got the watch fixed, but they had to send it back to the manufacturer.

I guess you pay you money and take your chances, but never again. I will either buy my next watch for below retail or find a retail place that actually honors their promises.

It's a shame, because they have a beautiful store, but it appears they care little about after-care support.

Visited June 2012
5 Thank DarkStar11
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I bought a Rolex to my wife and I paid 12.800$ she dont like and I try to exchange the same day for Cartier $5750 and the dont want to give money back they dont give Credit store. I have to buy another Rolex and sale in ebay for $1000 less. Dont buy anithing in Tourneau this is worst experience in my life.

Visited May 2012
6 Thank miguelquintero99
Israel
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Don't bother. Almost ruined my watch...”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Have a Philip stein watch that cost quite a bit. When i had to get the battery changed i went to Tourneau as they always seemed to me as a more expensive but responsible and professional store.

They gave me back my watch saying the battery is changed but they didn't change the seal so it won't be waterproof which is fine because i've already changed it before and was told the same thing - made no difference then.

This time i flew back home (overseas) and started seeing condensation inside the watch face.
Took it to a watch store close to my house and he said they closed the back right on the seal so obviously it was letting wetness in. Also, he couldn't put it back because it was torn!!

A real shame as they give a totally different impression on first glance.
Ended up paying again for a repair. Good thing they didn't manage to do enough damage to ruin it!
Don't bother.....

Visited August 2011
5 Thank meit
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Do Not Buy From this franchise!!!”
Reviewed 31 December 2011

The beautiful thing is that this company isn't doing well as evidenced by their lack of stock and empty displays. I've always remembered the salesmen/women as arrogant jerks who themselves could never afford the watches they were selling. I knew more about every watch I was researching than the department manager. I still go there to look but wouldn't spend a dime there.

Visited September 2011