“horrible customer service”

Tourneau TimeMachine
Ranked #487 of 839 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Tourneau is the preeminent purveyor of fine timepieces, striving to deliver a first class customer experience. As the largest authorized watch retailer in the United States, Tourneau offers an unmatched selection of styles from nearly 100 brands, the largest certified pre-owned watch collection, and expert service & repairs. The Tourneau TimeMachine on 57th Street and Madison Avenue is the flagship location.
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Call called to get some basic product information about a brand that they don't carry in Arlington Virginia. The are so rude never let me finish a sentence completely snobby disrespectful and very passive aggressive.

2  Thank Watch G

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I've bought 2 watches from this store (a vintage Patek Philippe and an Omega Seamaster GMT) and have never experienced what some people allege. And I've strolled in wearing plain old jeans or shorts; hardly designer wear. I have never been treated with anything other than respect. Maybe it's the attitude; respect yes, but I don't expect the sales staff to fawn over me, Oprah Winfrey-style.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

I know watches, and I know expensive watches. I have been in the market for a 45k watch, which one could call, the luxury category of watches. I have known Tourneau for a while, but my latest trip pushed me over the edge, and I just HAD to write a review.
1. Their customer service is the worst I have EVER experienced. I have gotten treated so rudely when I asked to see a 30k Hublot. They're attitude was basically similar to: You don't look like you can afford it, so why should I bother showing you. It wasn't until I started talking watches with another customer and mentioned I already owned a Hublot, that the sales man become more friendly, I wonder why ,ha.
2. When I mentioned that no one buys at retail price, he flat out told me: What are you doing here then. They must be doing so well that they don't have to courteous to customers. What am I doing here? Excuse me sire, I am looking to part with almost 50k in cash for a watch, and this is your response???

As a final note, if you want to buy retail, go to a proper store. Check out Wempe on 5th avenue, where the people are friendly, and the service top notch. I am in awe how this company is still in business. I would never buy a time piece from them. They have a large selection, so go there, take a look a round, and then purchase at a proper store with proper service, sans the attitude.

7  Thank marlon b
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I brought my Tag in for a simple repair. 7 months later the watch still does not work and they refuse to stand behind their work. Do not buy your watch here....do not let them service the watch, demand the manufacturer do the work.

2  Thank Theystolefromme
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

The store is very incredible bigger than Wempe with lot of brand. But when you buy an luxe watch you want a luxe service...

When you buy a watch @t the brend you have a very good service (cartier, rolex, iwc, etc.) here... Nothing !

You paid 10 or 15k$ like you buy a hot dog, no seat... Waiting for 30mn for card of guarantee...

Prefer direct Brand or Wempe !

If you don't want a luxe service go to the 47street you have little Shop with better price than Big store.

2  Thank Globetrotter C