Gramercy Park Hotel
The Watson Hotel(New York City)
US$208
US$175
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$295
  • Restaurant
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$297
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$223
US$203
Triumph Hotels
  • Fitness centre
Omni Berkshire Place(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$255
Omni Hotels
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$218
  • Bar/Lounge
Hampton Inn Manhattan-Times Square North(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$348
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$410
US$230
  • Room Service
Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$216
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Mela(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$228
US$190
Travelocity
1,520 results
All reviewsrose barmaialinoprivate parkred velvetnew yorkroom serviceunion squarehotel guestshome away from homeroof terracehotel is beautifuljunior suitethe general managerturn down servicenyc hotelluxury hotelmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2012

My visit was short but made much more convenient and pleasant by the reception staff and the concierge. I had to leave unexpectedly early and all of these staff quickly made themselves available to assist me in rearranging plans. I was also pleasantly surprised by the "walkability" access to many of my favorite areas, including Union Square, Soho and Greenwich Village.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2012

As a PR company that throws many events in New York City, I must say that the Gramercy Park Hotel team did an impeccable job of pleasing guests, and pulling off an amazing night. Whether it was a request to turn up the music, or allowing us those 20 extra minutes to clean up, the staff at the hotel was more than helpful and there for us as their customer.

Working with the director of catering & special events, Sabria, was a wonderful experience. She was attentive, and responsive, something that we look for while searching for a venue. Needless to say, the outcome of our event was beautiful, and a 100% success all around! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Being on gramercy park and away from the office districts of midtown and downtown this well appointed and maintained hotel was a really nice break from the big brands and the national boutiques. My loft room was large and sexy, the bath area large and the lobby area a bit dark but very nice. The staff was excellent. Room service was tasty.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Of all the places on our recent trip to NYC, this was the toughest to review. My wife and I recently stayed 8 nights here at the end of May, for our honeymoon. Overall it was an excellent experience, and I have lots of good things to say about it, and a few criticisms as well.
My favourite thing about the hotel is the location - it was so wonderful being in this exclusive area of NYC, somehow right next to Park Ave, and yet somehow rather quiet. The people that live in Gramercy Park are very fortunate.
We also loved the decoration of the hotel, and especially our room. (909). We were up high enough that there was never an issue with noise. We found the bed and the room to be extremely comfortable and slept quite well. I personally loved the original photography and furniture. The reviewers who said the hotel is very dark are all correct - the difference is that it didn't bother me. I loved the deep red walls and plush furnishings, and found the dark wood in the bathroom to be very tasteful. The mini bar was stocked with items ready for a party, with full bottles of gin, patron, and even a selection of wines. Holy moly.

We took advantage of both the rooftop terrace (for two breakfasts) and Maialino, the delicious Italian restaurant downstairs. Maialino especially should not be missed.

What challenges me about this hotel is judging if it was a good value or not. It's hard to say, seeing as we could have stayed at other very reputable locations and paid a lot less - (eight nights here adds up quickly). We chose the location specifically because of the location, art, history, and decor, to which all of it was great, which is why I have given the hotel four stars.

Because it was our honeymoon, I emailed in advance to let the staff know. I also let them know upon check-in that this was our honeymoon. I believe personalized welcome/thank you note, or fresh flowers, or a bottle of wine would be something that most other hotels of this calibre would provide. I believe it's a mistake on the hotels part to not do things like this for special events. If the management reads this, please take the suggestion - just leaving a handwritten note with a few chocolates makes a big difference when you know the couple chose your location for a honeymoon.

I thought that I had a moment great service when the day before checkout we received a call asking if our stay was satisfactory (it really was great), and if we needed them to arrange a towncar for us. "Yes, that would be great!" I gave them the times of our flight, and they said they'd call back with the time our towncar would arrive. Fifteen minutes later they called back to say everything would be arranged and that the cost of the towncar is $180.

"Hold up! This is over double what it costs to get to the airport."

"This is the rate we've negotiated with the towncar service."

"Well please cancel it - I can make the call myself."

After taxes, tip, and tolls, it cost us $80 to get to the airport. It's really not good service if it costs you $100 for them to make a phone call on your behalf.

I would probably give the hotel 3 and a half stars if it was an option, but we really did enjoy the hotel, and the location, and it was a wonderful honeymoon all the same.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank zombieshakes
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I recently held my wedding at The Gramercy Park Hotel and several of my guests and my husband and I stayed there over the weekend. Let's just say The Gramercy Park Hotel delivered beyond my imagination. All of my guests are still raving, two months later, about what a beautiful wedding it was, from the setting, to the food, to the service, to their room accommodations. During the planning stages, the Event Director Sabria, was always there to answer my ten million calls and e-mails and to offer helpful suggestions when we needed them. We truly felt our day was their most important day too. From accommodating our request to switch one white wine for another, to agreeing to a floor plan change two days before the wedding, to ensuring we had a stunning suite overlooking the park and champagne in our rooms while we were getting ready, the Gramercy had us covered. The wedding was seamless and amazing, and I only wish I could put the day on repeat. Thankfully Gramercy has a sweet bar, and a great restaurant, so I have already been back for a little fix. I highly highly recommend them for a stay, your wedding, drinks, dinner, whatever.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family