“New York City at its Best!”

Gramercy Park Hotel
Ranked #87 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Cleveland, Ohio
“New York City at its Best!”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I spent two nights at GPH and I really didn't want to leave! The staff is warm and gracious without being formal, every inch of the property is iconic NYC, the bars and restaurant are top notch; the list goes on. I have stayed at several hotels in the city and while there are some really nice ones out there, this is hands down my favorite. An added bonus is Gramercy Park -the hotel staff walk you across the street and let you in and then come collect you when you are ready to return to the hotel. It's the only privately owned park in NYC and it's lovely!
The rooms themselves are charming and have every amenity you would expect in a high-end hotel. I stayed in a suite and really enjoyed the extra touches- the velvet couch, coffee table books, luxurious throw blanket, one of a kind photographs and art work, not to mention the best hotel mini-bar I've ever seen!
Once you stay here, you won't want to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thank you so much for the great review Mary, Gramercy truly is a special place. I am glad to hear you enjoyed every aspect of the property, including the only private park in New York City!! The grounds are out of this work and the exclusivity of the Park just puts it on another level! When you're relaxing in the comfort of your room....why not indulge in out Minibar, we've always tried to outfit a beautiful array of products, so I am glad to hear you enjoyed them.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Daniel Entenberg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hanover, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I'm a relative regular to NYC. The Grammercy Park Hotel was excellent in many ways.....and delightful when it wasn't excellent. Service was great from everyone we spoke with; Lobby staff and Concierge were helpful and hip, restaurant staff was knowledgeable, courteous and prompt....and there's a bunch of 'em, so you aren't going to wait and wonder. The area is lovely and close to a number of splendid restaurants, which should be the subject of their own reviews; but it was certainly nice to walk home from a lovely meal and very nice to meander by the Park itself and into a comfortable hotel and eventually a comfortable and quiet bed. Nothing to complain about from our early Jan/2014 stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Hello Peter! Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous experience with us, we truly appreciate it. The team works so hard to deliver outstanding stays so hearing of your satisfaction is just great! It sounds like you were able to enjoy all aspects of the property, which is crucial....Trying Maialino and Rose Bar are a must when staying at Gramercy! Looking forward to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My sister and I had a lovely girl's shopping weekend. Your hotel was wonderful. It was referred to us by a friend in NYC over a year ago. Your Concierges begin our trip with arranging various reservations. Joy and Francesca assisted us with car service to/from the airport and made suggestions for shopping. Room Service was a treat each morning, your staff were courteous and kind. Sebastian treated us like royalty in the Rose Bar. He saw us leaving the hotel for the airport yesterday and made a point to say goodbye. I will be recommending your hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Hello Barbara - It was such a treat to connect with you and Kristi, hearing about your fabulous experience with us! There's no shopping like that of NYC, what a treat I'm sure. I hope you picked out some fun stuff. So glad to hear the team looked after you so well. Joy and Fran are gems and love mapping out our guests experiences with us. Of course Dining in room, is the true taste of luxury.....hope you loved our new menu! Then what's a night a Rose bar without meeting Sebastian, he's absolutely wonderful. Looking forward to welcome you back very soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Two great nights at the Gramercy. I was very pleased. The service was excellent and the room was most comfortable. It is not cheap but this in New York. The location is wonderful. Negatives: a bit dark which is not my style, but not as dark as the W Hotel. That is it and I have travelled all over the world. Loved it!

• Stayed January 2014
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Hello Rhinofox! What's better than 1 night at Gramercy.....2 nights at Gramercy, as you so enjoyed! Hearing about your fabulous stay is music to our ears, especially coming from someone such as yourself who has travelled all over the world. We work very hard to deliver memorable experiences so getting such outstanding feedback, just makes our day! Looking forward to welcome you back to Gramercy very soon. Keep in touch!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed at the loft suite with my wife over the weekend. Loved the ambiance, art and vibe of this boutique hotel. Much better experience than other corporate hotels. Friendly staff and great location close to shopping and restaurants.Will come again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello JMAdams - thank you for the great review! We're definitely not your typical hotel. We are all about the ambiance and exciting your senses of sight and smell. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the property and were able to take advantage of our amenities and engage the team as well. Should your travels bring you back to New York in the near future, please reach out to me directly so that I may ensure you are well taken care of.

Los Gatos, California
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed here over Thanksgiving with the kids. They had a separate suite. The service was impeccable. The place sustains an arty feel with a dark, rather moody lobby. Every question I asked prior to my visit was answered fully, promptly and with more attention than expected. I was worried about food on Thanksgiving day. They replied with a suggested list of good places nearby that would be open. The cafe and restaurant attached to the hotel was fabulous --- great food.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Hello Kelly! Thank you for taking the time to share your Thanksgiving experience with us! I can't think of a better time to enjoy New York, than over thanksgiving. The weather is changing and starting to get a little crisp out.....waking up on the Thursday morning to experience The Parade of all Parades! It truly is a memorable time here in the city. I was so pleased to hear you had a such a fabulous time with the children......if you win them over, then its a success!! Looking forward to continuing your family tradition here at Gramercy every year for Thanksgiving and then some!!

Chicago
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Normally when I travel to NY I dread staying in the small sized/loud hotel rooms.

My time at the Gramercy was the polar opposite experience. Check in at the hotel was rapid. The people at the desk swiped my credit card & got me keys to my room within a blink of an eye. I love this.

The hotel has three elevators. This is a luxury in NY. Not to mention, the elevators move quickly, miracle!!!

My room was upgraded and it was massive. The decor was old glamor, not the new modern luxury I am use to but I found it charming and fun.

Here is a full break down of the room:

Bed and bedding was very comfortable. The pillows were a little too soft for me but that is a personal preference.

Shower pressure was splendid. There was also great products and plenty of vanity space to get ready. The towels felt fresh and were fairly well sized. One thing that I did find unusual was there was no bath rug which made the bathroom feel a bit cold.

The closet was a big of a drag - it was very far from the actual bedroom area where you need to get ready.

Overall, I really liked this hotel. The lobby, restaurant, and location are superb. I will be back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent review! Gramercy truly is the polar opposite of what the typical New York Hotel has to offer. We take the average hotel experience and turn it inside out, extending the greatest in hotel amenities, dining venues, décor and service professionals. So glad to hear you were upgraded, our rooms truly are special and glamorous as you so mentioned. The quality of your sleep experience, amenities and linens are very important to us and we take it very seriously, so I was so pleased to hear that a seasoned traveler such as yourself enjoyed them so much. The charm of the historic Gramercy may not always side with the best in room layouts when compared to newly built hotels, as you so discovered with the closet placement. I hope the added space with your room upgrade was enough to compensate for the distance, giving you more space in the bedroom area. Looking forward to welcome you back to Gramercy very soon.