“Great location, quiet rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gramercy Park Hotel

Gramercy Park Hotel
Ranked #90 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Great location, quiet rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I find myself staying in Manhattan frequently and The Gramercy Park is one of my "go-to" hotels. If there is a new luxury hotel opening in NY, I'm there. However Gramercy Park is a constant for me because their back suites are very quiet and private. You would never know you are in the middle if Manhattan. If you are a light sleeper, this is your hotel! The suites are spacious and comfortable. The bathrooms are in need of a renovation. Maialino Restaurant is a must and The Rose Bar is a definite hotspot. Service is always excellent.

• Stayed November 2013
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Consistency is key in our service delivery here at the Gramercy Park Hotel, this is what drives our loyalty and customer base here at the property. Our guests return time and time again, to reconnect with the colored history of Gramercy and be a part of one of the most unique and special places that NYC has to offer. Tranquility in the city that never sleeps....well that's actually possible here at Gramercy. Tucked away in a residential area, on a tree lined street, but just a block from the action....you really get the best of both worlds here at Gramercy.
Looking forward to welcome you back for another great weekend here at the Gramercy Park Hotel.

Daniel Entenberg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Comfortable, well located hotel with excellent, unpretentious staff. Highly recommended. Be sure to check out "owners only" Gramercy Park of which the hotel has a key. The history and elegance of this hotel make it a bonus.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Les! Such a pleasure to have read your wonderful feedback this morning. The team here at Gramercy is truly special. They work very hard to deliver special experiences to each and every guest that stays with us. They are humble about what they do and gravitate to their passion of hospitality. Checking out the only private park in NYC, Gramercy Park, is a must when staying here with us. Only the buildings right on the park have access to this unique and special garden, so exclusivity is an understatement! Looking forward to welcome you back for another great weekend here at Gramercy!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The rooftop terrace at The Gramercy Park Hotel is the most beautiful space in all of New York City! We recently hosted my sister’s engagement party at the Gramercy Terrace and it was the most gorgeous summer evening. The wonderful atmosphere, candles, strings of lights, open air and of course the amazing sunset over the Chrysler Building, made for a perfect setting. We could not have pulled off this party without the help of Kay. Her professionalism and ability to understand exactly what we wanted to achieve, made the event planning so much easier. I do not have enough positive things to say about how helpful she was throughout the entire process. The entire staff was wonderful . Kay met me one evening to show me how the space will be setup and she also took the time to suggest which menu options would be the best choice for our guests. Everyone could not stop talking about what a memorable evening it was. I highly recommend hosting an event at the Gramercy Park Hotel. It was a night that my family will remember forever!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Daniel E, Kay C, Special Events Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us and for your kind comments! Our event team takes great pride in making every event on the Gramercy Terrace a memorable experience. We are honored to have had such a wonderful impact on both you and your sister, for her special day. It was an absolute pleasure working with you! I hope we will have the opportunity to host you and your family again in the future.

Kay Chittiappa
Event Sales Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stay here every summer.Our travel agent booked through Signature Program, which gave us an upgraded room and great amenities. Loved our room, had a great meal at Maialino in the hotel, which the concierge was kind enough to book us. Had a drink at the funky hotel bar after dinner-all in all a wonderful stay. Great service across the boards-from reception, to bellman, to housekeeping.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hello Linda! Thank you for the great feedback! Always a pleasure to have you back with us for the traditional summer escape! Gramercy is a special place, so I am glad to hear that you connected with the property. Maialino is fabulous, so pleased that you were able to enjoy it! Did you know we actually had a surprise dinner guest just a couple months ago....President Obama and the first lady arrived unannounced for dinner with a couple friends....what a treat having the President in for dinner! Looking forward to welcome you back for another trip to Gramercy!!

Portola Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I love the hotel itself - rooms are really special, comfortable and different than anything else you'll find in NY.
The bar and the restaurant attached add alot to the experience. Everyone from the front desk to the manager to folks at the bar are wonderful - first class.

had a great time!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Wow thanks Tom! Appreciate the great feedback about the property. You are absolutely right, Gramercy is indeed very different, unlike any other property. From the design, to the history, sprinkle ion our $45M art collection and add that personalized service we have become known for....well that's quite the experience! Looking forward to welcome you back for another outstanding weekend here at Gramercy Park!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I travel extensively both for work and pleasure and have never left a comment on Trip Advisor.I recently stayed at the GPH and cannott recommend it enough .It is a true oasis of tranquililty in the heart of the World's most bustling city .
What really stood out for me (apart form the cool rooms and relaxed bar) was the concerigee's knowledge and contacts .I've been to Manhattan many times and feel I know the city reasonably well so I was looking for something a little "off piste".After spending a while talking to her we agreed on venues for dinner and drinks .At short notice on a Saturday night both a table and entry were secured .It was my wife's first trip to New York and the staff at GPH helped make it a memorable one.Sincere Thanks .

Room Tip: Spent a little extra -its worth it
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the Great feedback Roy! Finding tranquility in New York city is not an easy task to accomplish....of course staying at Gramercy, you get just that! So pleased to hear you had such a great experience with us, especially since it was your wife's first time in the Big Apple! Looking forward to welcome the 2 of you back for another fabulous NYC escape! Until Next Time....

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I make frequent business trips from my home in San Francisco to New York City where my employer and job is based. I'd grown accustomed to staying at another property close to my office but this particular week, that hotel was sold out. While initially disappointed, it just goes to show that things happen for a reason! I stayed at the Gramercy and thoroughly enjoyed it. From the moment I checked in until the moment I checked out, I was treated with just the right balance of professionalism and a personal touch. My room was well-appointed and comfortable. There was just enough urban buzz in the lounge off the lobby, which I enjoyed one evening. When I walked out of the hotel each morning for the office, I was sent off with a friendly "Have a great day" from the doorman. I felt like I was leaving my home each morning! The Gramercy will now be my home-away-from-home in New York.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Daniel E, General Manager at Gramercy Park Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Gordon....Some things are just meant to be! I am overjoyed that you were able to stumble upon Gramercy, the property is truly an insider gem! The artistic flair the property has, the activation of the Rose Bar and of course Maialino....how can you beat Gramercy! I truly hope that you have discovered your new home and please keep the communication flowing. Myself and the team here at Gramercy are at your service. Feel free to reach out with any needs for your next NYC escape. Happy to welcome your colleagues as well, we will be sure to look after them!
Looking forward to welcome you back soon.