“This is a great place to stay in NYC!”

Renaissance New York Hotel 57
Ranked #335 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My daughter (11) and I stayed at the Renaissance 57 for 6 nights in March 2014. We booked a package through WestJet and this was one of their cheapest options. The hotel is in a great location close to the subway, Central Park and Time Square.

I had requested that we have a room with two beds, rather than just the standard one double bed. They were able to accommodate us without any problem. The room was small!! But in NYC why are you in your room anyway. The beds and bedding were very comfortable and I slept REALLY well every night there. The rooms were quiet and I was not bothered at all by any noise from inside or outside the hotel. The bathroom was nice and clean. The shower was great and I loved the Aveda products. It is an older building and some things show their age....like the elevators, but really they were kind of charming.

We did not interact too much with the hotel staff but the concierges were always happy to answer questions and had a lot of good information.

I was disappointed that there was not any free wifi and that they charge you nearly $20/day for high speed internet connection. More so that the other Marriot hotel nearby has free wifi in the rooms.

We did not eat in the hotel but the restaurant looked nice, I cannot comment on the food or service. The lobby was nice but sometimes hard to find a seat, ( this is the only place in the hotel for free wifi).

Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the Renaissance, I could not recommend our room for more than two people, but maybe they have other configurations that would be more suitable to 3 or 4.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tottyteacher
Write a ReviewReviews (1,372)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

A very nice Hotel in a perfect location. Near from everything. No wi fi at the rooms but a very fast one at the lobby. The room was very smal but still comfortable. Very nice terrace on the top of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for about a week on business. The rooms were a bit worn, but the bed was big and comfy. Depending on your floor, you may have a nice view of midtown. The location is pretty killer. The bar is attractive and pricey. The continental breakfast is pretty minimal. The gym is actually pretty good, with a good mix of free weights and machines.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel, for a week in March of 2014. I had booked a Junior Suite and had to change the room. It was old looking and nothing like the picture on the website. Went into a suite and had a major problem with the heat and the lack of hot water. Told them and they said they had checked it and there was no problem. When was ready to check out they gave me the Junior Suite that is pictured on a high floor and everything was fine from that point on. However the staff was terrific on all levels. Doorman knew my name after the first afternoon.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you accept it. It is not like other Renaissance properties.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mlrl1965
renhotel57, Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel 57, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed that you experienced such problems during your recent stay. When your travel brings you back to NYC please feel free to reach out to me and I would be more than happy to assist you.

Monique Hudson
monique.hudson@renaissancehotels.com

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel has good location: very close to Central Park, and 10 min from Time Square.
Wifi is free in the lobby, but if you connect in the lobby you will have possibility to use free wifi in your room ( usually you need to pay for internet in your room)
Furniture in the room is very old.
Good terrace on the top of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I chose this hotel mainly because my previous two stays in NYC had been in Times Square and I was looking for something a bit less hectic/crowded. The Renaissance 57 turned out to be a great choice. As many reviewers before me have noted, the location here is absolutely exceptional. Close to EVERYTHING,and yet it feels wonderfully secluded. The ambience in the public areas is that of elegance, class, and the thoughful attention to details throughout this property is what gives it its charm and makes it standout. Entrance/lobby/hearth room although small, and not overwhelmingly oppulent still serve their purpose quite well. I did not utilze any FB outlets nor Meeting Space but they did seem overall acceptable. The fact that the rooms are below standard in size did not phase me as I don't visit this city to stay inside my hotel room for long periods of time. True, the wood paneling thoughout isn't overally lavish, but at least most of the space in the rooms is configured efficiently and the furnishings are adequate especially the plush, granite bathrooms which are very well appointed. Service at this hotel was quite acceptable. I was treated very well and the hosts that I had direct contact with were friendly and helpful. Overall I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a nice stay a bit removed from noisey Times Square.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I find it odd that someone could talk about poor service here. The staff was constantly asking me if they could help in any way during my two night stay. The front desk (Kristen) was overwhelmingly helpful to me in resolving a small issue with my room, emailing me when the room became available after arrival, and following up with me later to make sure it was satisfactory. On my second day she followed up again during breakfast to make sure I was "happy". The concierge was more than helpful with planning and providing information on attractions.
The room quality was very high and the bathroom was high end.
The surrounding area is good for shopping if you are into that. Central park is a few blocks away and the subway is close for easy access to downtown.
Thanks for an awesome stay. The service made the stay extremely good!

Room Tip: Carriage suites are wonderful
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business