My daughter (11) and I stayed at the Renaissance 57 for 6 nights in March 2014. We booked a package through WestJet and this was one of their cheapest options. The hotel is in a great location close to the subway, Central Park and Time Square.
I had requested that we have a room with two beds, rather than just the standard one double bed. They were able to accommodate us without any problem. The room was small!! But in NYC why are you in your room anyway. The beds and bedding were very comfortable and I slept REALLY well every night there. The rooms were quiet and I was not bothered at all by any noise from inside or outside the hotel. The bathroom was nice and clean. The shower was great and I loved the Aveda products. It is an older building and some things show their age....like the elevators, but really they were kind of charming.
We did not interact too much with the hotel staff but the concierges were always happy to answer questions and had a lot of good information.
I was disappointed that there was not any free wifi and that they charge you nearly $20/day for high speed internet connection. More so that the other Marriot hotel nearby has free wifi in the rooms.
We did not eat in the hotel but the restaurant looked nice, I cannot comment on the food or service. The lobby was nice but sometimes hard to find a seat, ( this is the only place in the hotel for free wifi).
Overall we really enjoyed our stay at the Renaissance, I could not recommend our room for more than two people, but maybe they have other configurations that would be more suitable to 3 or 4.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renaissance New York Hotel 57 is a recently renovated Midtown Manhattan boutique hotel that has unveiled a couture masterpiece by award-winning designer Jordan Mozer. We offer comfort and style in one of NYC's most sophisticated neighborhoods close to top New York City attractions like Fifth Avenue and Central Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Renaissance New York Hotel 57 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance New York City
- Hotel 57 New York
- New York City Renaissance