“Worn out rooms but great location!”

Renaissance New York Hotel 57
Ranked #332 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at this property for one night. I was greeted by Raymond which was an absolute joy to have at the desk! He informed us everything we needed to know around the area. We entered our rooms and the rooms were a little gross and worn out. Our chair had rips and the walls were a little chipped. The beds were on the other hand super comfortable and the view outside was amazing!!!! The location of the property was perfect! Everything is in walking distance! I'd stay at this location again, but I'd probably would like to view the room before I stay in it!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I came into town for business with my wife a week after New Years. Upon our arrival we decided to take the suite upgrade at a very reasonable two night cost. During our stay I was nothing short of impressed by the service displayed by the entire staff. The front desk was extremely helpful with planning a day of activities for my wife while I was at work. Our last night we chose to eat at the delicious hotel restaurant and have drinks at their cozy Fire Lounge. No regrets during this stay and I highly suggest you pick this hotel on your next visit to NYC. The rooms are quit old but if you consider a short stay in central new york, it's absolutely enough. We slept well, ate well surrounded by a friendly and competent staff.
Looking forward to our next NYC visit.

Room Tip: The higher, the better.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
renhotel57, Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel 57, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for your kind feedback. Our property isn't modern or new, but we're constantly working on new approaches with our customer service. We're glad we were able to make your stay satisfactory.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I would say I experienced one of the best management responses in a Marriott. I had some issues with the room and the front desk staff wasn't able to resolve. The manager stepped in and she gave me enough options to make me feel comfortable.
The hotel has history. The service is excellent. I really enjoyed my stay and would return ASAP.

Room Tip: As a rule, ask for higher floors in New York. But I was on the 4th floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
renhotel57, Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel 57, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we'll see you again at Hotel 57.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel is perfectly located in Midtown close to 5th Av and Central Park. The rooms are small but very clean and spacious bathroom with Aveda products. A fridge could be requested on the roomm free of charge. Also free Wifi available.
The rooftop terrace offers a fantastic view on the city with the Chrysler building and it is a place where you can relax in lounge chairs.
The restaurant has a broad variety and is nicely decorated, also with a small terrace.
Maps of the city are available with the concierge on the first floor.
In the direct neighbourhood, you can find supermarkets, deli's, restaurants, ...
The hotel has a good equipped gym, with towels and fresh water for free

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
renhotel57, Manager at Renaissance New York Hotel 57, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Greetings-

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is nice to know that you were able to discover local supermarkets, deli's and restaurants that met your needs.

When your travels bring you back to New York City, I hope they bring you back to our hotel.

Please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of further assistance.

#Live Live To Discover

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've stayed here twice now, once solo on business, once business with family, and would definitely return. They always seem to have a really good rate, the service is over the top, and the décor is fun and modern.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank sadalit

We are pleased that you discovered our hotel and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent experience on Trip Advisor.

When your travels bring you back to NYC please feel free to reach out to me if I can be of assistance.

#Live Live To Discover

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I love this hotel. It is always such a pleasant stay. Comfortable beds, clean rooms, exceptional staff and a lovely rooftop to enjoy. In spite of its business location, I always find my stays here to be quiet, peaceful and relaxing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JJnCowtown

Greetings-

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor, we really appreciate it. I am happy that you always have a great experience when staying with us.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if I can be of any assistance when you stay with us.

Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Upside: Location is great for being in Manhattan. Staff genuinely appears to care.
Downside: Lobby has 8 chairs and always were occupied. Roof top lounge is open only in the evenings. Thursday evening, when we wanted to go there, no seats available. Went back on Monday, same situation. Go to the Viceroy roof top 10 blocks up 57th st.

The room: The room was a good size with a mid size couch, but the person who designed the layout should stay with ABC building blocks. There is a full length mirror inside the closet door. Great.
The closet door can NOT open more than 14 inches as it opens up to meet the end of the bed.
Nice size desk for working.
Great.
You can not sit at the desk as the chair backs up to the end of the bed (right next to the closet!).
Good size TV above the desk.
Great.
You can only watch the TV from the bed as the (guess) closet blocks the view from the couch and remote won't pick up the "eye".
There is adequate wall space to accommodate a full length mirror.
The TV could also be mounted to the wall and have the capability to rotate so it can be viewed from either the bed or the couch.
The bed could be turned 90 degrees so the closet and mirror can actually be utilized.

Go out the front of the hotel, two doors down for a better breakfast (egg and bacon sandwich on a roll for $2.79.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank 21,353

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I apologize that you were unable to find seating in the lobby or on the rooftop when you needed space to enjoy your guests.

When your travels bring you back to the New York area please feel free to reach out to me.

#Live Life to Discover