“Amazing!!!!!”

Ranked #277 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York
“Amazing!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

I just got home from my sisters Bachelorette Party Weekend and had to write a review of this hotel. I have stayed at hotels all over the world and have NEVER had service the way I had here. I am a native New Yorker but haven't "vacationed" or been a "tourist" of the city before. Amazing does not even seem to be a proper word but I cannot think of another. We arrived on Friday afternoon and had a very easy check-in. We stayed in the Sky Loft Suite, room 1701. Now yes I will say it was pricey, but for a special occasion TOTALLY worth it. The terrace overlooking 57th street was spacious and comfortable. Every single employee that we encountered greeted us with a smile and wanted to make sure we were happy. We had to chase 2 of the gentleman down the hall to give them a tip!! We asked for a refrigerator and extra chairs for the terrace, when they heard we were a bachelorette party they brought us 9 chairs and 2 fridges. If we had a need it was solved in under 5 minutes.

The room was comfortable, spacious, VERY CLEAN, Keuring coffee pot definetly an added plus.

We did however have 1 complaint, we had received complementary breakfasts for our stay at Opia. While the breakfast was SCRUMPTIOUS (we highly recommend hte southern breakfast and the almond pancakes) we found the main waiter to be a bit rude and discourteus. Two days in a row we had breakfast with our vouchers and both days he tried to tell us the voucher was for only 3 of the guests instead of all 4 and we found him acting VERY pleasant and accomodating to other guests while we had to wait 20 minutes for pancakes and eggs.

In conclusion, because I can go on:) this was a FANTASTIC stay, wonderful people, AMAZING staff and accomodations. You all were so amazing that the guests that came to the party were even impressed (when they walked in they were formally greeted and told where we were...even top class service to those that weren't staying at the hotel).

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, if you are looking for great pizza while you are in the city check out 57 napoli next door...the brick oven pizza was amazing and the staff great.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews, but not overly. Most of the reviews on here complain either about noise or the size of the room. I was on the 6th floor with a room right above Lexington Ave. The room was much more spacious than I expected. No problem at all with the noise. The bed was amazing! Very plush with big, comfy pillows. It was like sleeping on a cloud.

As for the employees, I was amazed! Everyone I encountered was very friendly and outgoing, helpful, and always smiling. The best customer service that I have experienced in a long time.

Plus, you are only about a 5 minute walk to Central Park and about 10-15 from Times Square. The subway is a stones throw away.

Will definitely be back, priceline or not!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2010

We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel. The location was unbelievable. Excellent subway access nearby and a 5 minute walk to Central Park, 5th Avenue, Bloomingdale's and to two of our favourite restaurants - Tao and Wolfgang's.
We were Priceline customers and paid a little extra to get a King size bed. It was well worth it as the regular rooms with the double bed are very small. The only complaint that we had about the room was that the A/C unit was very loud.
We would definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

I was assigned this hotel through priceline and I was a bit concerned after reading some the reviews, however, I am happy to report a great stay!!

I arrived from the airport around 10:30am. The front desk clerk was friendly and put me in a room right away on the 14th floor. The hotel lobby was clean, neat and trendy. As previous reviewers have mentioned, the lobby is two levels and requires going up stairs or taking a elevator to reach the main bank of elevators. One of the downsides to this hotel is that you can find yourself waiting awhile for an elevator (to take you the your room). However, I have noticed this in several hotels in Manhattan

The room itself was incredibly small. I've never seen anything like it. However, it was clean, modern and trendy. I expected a small room given it is in Manhattan. The bed was ultra comfortable with luxury linens. There was a nice ipod dock/clock radio and a LCD tv. This was the first time I actually received HDTV in a hotel room. It was pretty cool. The bathroom was quite spacious and very modern. Overall I thought the room met my needs.

I would like to highlight the great service from the concierge (Meg I believe). She was extremely friendly and got me where I needed to go. She even gave me her contact information for when I was out and needed mobile assistance.

The location of this hotel is IDEAL. It is in a very trendy part of Manhattan near the Four Seasons and luxury botiques. Really neat.

One of the only downsides to this hotel was the outrageous internet price. I was charged over $30 dollars over 2 days for 2.5 hours of internet use. A little crazy if you ask me.

All in all I would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

The hotel room was comfortable in an updated modern way, and the staff was accommodating. Service was prompt. When my arms were encumbered, the upstairs lobby attendant noticed and walked across the lobby to press the button for the elevator for me. The rooms seemed quite new and the bathrooms were lovely.
We were Priceline customers and were treated very well.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

Use priceline bidding - 4 stars, central manhattan, got it for $155. When check in, I was informed that the room will not fit 2 adults and 2 small children (the room for priceline is a small room with one full size bed). However, they have availability for larger room for additional $50++. We opt to upgrade (no other option). Room was nice, newly renovated. Bed and pillow are the worst we have ever experienced in any hotel we've stayed, including several marriott's properties in manhattan. To summarize, nice hotel to stay because of the location, newly renovated, priceline user be careful (specifically if you need bed larger than full size), bed and pillow are the worst (bring your own pillow).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

I booked this hotel through Priceline and after reading the reviews I became very concerned. I emailed ahead of time to request a room that would be most conducive for the comfort of my wide who was over 5 months pregnant. I received a reply that stated because it was a Priceline booking they can't respond to my request, which is bs. I was pleasantly surprised that I had no problem checking in early. My room was spacious with a beautiful bath, but there was only a double bed, which made no sense as the room was huge. The room also fronted 57th, which was terribly noisy! Most of the tv channels didn't work, although when asked to have fixed a couple more worked. The internet fee is outrageous at $16.00 a day! The location was good, close to shopping, transit and Central Park. I just wonder why they participate with Priceline if they don't want to treat their customers well that book through them. I would never recommend this hotel based on that.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple