I just got home from my sisters Bachelorette Party Weekend and had to write a review of this hotel. I have stayed at hotels all over the world and have NEVER had service the way I had here. I am a native New Yorker but haven't "vacationed" or been a "tourist" of the city before. Amazing does not even seem to be a proper word but I cannot think of another. We arrived on Friday afternoon and had a very easy check-in. We stayed in the Sky Loft Suite, room 1701. Now yes I will say it was pricey, but for a special occasion TOTALLY worth it. The terrace overlooking 57th street was spacious and comfortable. Every single employee that we encountered greeted us with a smile and wanted to make sure we were happy. We had to chase 2 of the gentleman down the hall to give them a tip!! We asked for a refrigerator and extra chairs for the terrace, when they heard we were a bachelorette party they brought us 9 chairs and 2 fridges. If we had a need it was solved in under 5 minutes.
The room was comfortable, spacious, VERY CLEAN, Keuring coffee pot definetly an added plus.
We did however have 1 complaint, we had received complementary breakfasts for our stay at Opia. While the breakfast was SCRUMPTIOUS (we highly recommend hte southern breakfast and the almond pancakes) we found the main waiter to be a bit rude and discourteus. Two days in a row we had breakfast with our vouchers and both days he tried to tell us the voucher was for only 3 of the guests instead of all 4 and we found him acting VERY pleasant and accomodating to other guests while we had to wait 20 minutes for pancakes and eggs.
In conclusion, because I can go on:) this was a FANTASTIC stay, wonderful people, AMAZING staff and accomodations. You all were so amazing that the guests that came to the party were even impressed (when they walked in they were formally greeted and told where we were...even top class service to those that weren't staying at the hotel).
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, if you are looking for great pizza while you are in the city check out 57 napoli next door...the brick oven pizza was amazing and the staff great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This recently renovated, Manhattan boutique hotel has unveiled a completed couture masterpiece by award-winning designer Jordan Mozer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance New York Hotel 57 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance New York City
- Hotel 57 New York
- New York City Renaissance