My family of 2 adults and 2 teens stayed in the studio double room for more than a week in early December 2013.
1. Location - we liked the location which was in midtown, and which as the name suggests, was in between uptown and downtown, and thus easily accessible to both. It is on a relatively less congested street, a 10 minute walk from the heart of Times Square which was just too crowded for our liking. We liked that the subway is a short 5 minute walk away; similarly, the lovely Bryant Park. For a quick hot meal after a long day out, it is within easy walking distance of simple eateries like a comfortable Chinese restaurant down the street.
2. Buffet breakfast included in the price - the breakfast was decent. Though the breakfast area could get extremely crowded during the week-end, it was not really a hassle or a major problem,
3. Coin-operated laundry on the premises - this was very helpful for us as we were on the road for 2 weeks. I did a lot of research on accommodation for our trip to NYC and trust me, not many places have this on-sight facility.
4. Room - the room was a reasonable size, and we liked that there was a kitchenette (complete with microwave and dishwasher) and small dining table. However, the bathroom was TINY and the carpeting has seen better days. The drab carpeting made the room seem drearier and dirtier than I'm sure it was.
5. Some reviewers had complained about the noise. We were on the 32nd floor and had no problems with noise from the street. It was very quiet.
6. Some reviewers had complained about the long waiting time for the lifts, and I must say that had initially made me rather hesitant to book this accommodation. However. we did not find this a major problem at all, except maybe once or twice after breakfast when it was particularly crowded.
Overall, I would recommend this accommodation for families due to the conveniences mentioned in my review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the top hotels in Times Square, Residence Inn by Marriott New York Manhattan/Times Square invites you to take advantage of the many wonderful amenities we provide for business and leisure travelers. Our Bryant Park hotel's free daily breakfast and newspaper delivery offers a great way to start the day, and our free high-speed wireless Internet is available throughout our hotel 24 hours a day. Our all-suite accommodations give you the space you need to work or relax after a long day in New York City. From our Bryant Park hotel's excellent central location, you can access all that NYC has to offer: restaurants, bars, attractions, and corporate offices. Of course, should you want to stay at our hotel, we have a cozy lounge and bar that you may linger in. Visit us at Residence Inn by Marriott New York Manhattan/Times Square! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Times Square New York Hotel New York City
- Residence Inn New York City
- Marriott New York City
- New York City Marriott
- New York City Residence Inn